The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Confused about results, could use some help

Forums General Melanoma Community Confused about results, could use some help

Participant
      Hi there,

My husband just got the latest results from his scans. The good news is the Oncologist told us that my husband is stable, no melanoma. He precedes to tell us a 1-1/2 in mass has showed up on my husband bladder which for some reason he thinks has very little chance of being melanoma. My husband also has an enlarged prostate. An appointment is being made with an eurologis asap. Not sure what to think of these results but if it isn’t melanoma then that would put us at 2-1/2 yrs NED with Yervoy. Trying to remain positive. Thanks for listening.

Jewel

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant

Hi Jewel. Try and stay positive! I know that waiting is the WORST so please hang in there! Maybe try and plan some fun things to distract you both in the meantime. You're in my thoughts!

Lauren

sister of patient
          Participant

Hi Jewel – From the time of first scans at stage 4 dx and most of the way through treatment, my sister had what they interchangeably called masses or lesions on both kidneys. As other tumours began to die, these things stayed the same and never changed. At a point of about 8 mos. ago, docs decided they were just cysts and as of last scan, one is mostly gone, leaving a few remnants, the other has remained. They are way more confident now that their "cyst" dx was correct and used that same line that other oncs use: "if you scan 100 people, chances are at least half are going to show cysts/lesions/other things that are common and fairly harmless." 

Hoping that this is the case with your husband and that his NED status is intact!!! If it is something different – another condition – then maybe that's a tiny blessing resulting from mel – the regular scans. Best thoughts and wishes to both of you!!

Barb

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics