The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Concern over brain mets again

Forums General Melanoma Community Concern over brain mets again

Participant

I posted recently about my nausea that has been somewhat constant for the past month, and after calling Sloan for the 2nd time on this, they want me back in for a brain MRI asap. Getting blood work next week on Monday and will be getting a brain MRI on either Mon or Tues. My symptoms have also included fast rapid twitches throughout my body, sometimes in my feet, sometimes hands or arms, most frequently in the head. This was first noticed a week or 2 ago. In addition, some dizziness and lack of energy has occurred as well.

I posted recently about my nausea that has been somewhat constant for the past month, and after calling Sloan for the 2nd time on this, they want me back in for a brain MRI asap. Getting blood work next week on Monday and will be getting a brain MRI on either Mon or Tues. My symptoms have also included fast rapid twitches throughout my body, sometimes in my feet, sometimes hands or arms, most frequently in the head. This was first noticed a week or 2 ago. In addition, some dizziness and lack of energy has occurred as well. After reading a few posts, I hate to think that I now have a brain met, but unfortunately that is where all arrows seem to be pointing. I did have 2 MRIs done quite recently, late Sept and early Oct that were both clean. This was due to severe headaches, that were thought to have been caused by Yervoy.  Was supposed to go to Costa Rica for 11 days as well, leaving next friday, but that sure seems to be in Jeopardy. FML.

Wetterhorn

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Well, I'm glad you're having the tests done soon – waiting is awful, isn't it.  Don't dump Costa Rica so fast.  You may get good news this week or you may decide to go anyway.  Melanoma treatments constrain our lives so much, that we should do what we can when we're able.   Praying that the symptoms are stress-related.   Please post your results.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Well, I'm glad you're having the tests done soon – waiting is awful, isn't it.  Don't dump Costa Rica so fast.  You may get good news this week or you may decide to go anyway.  Melanoma treatments constrain our lives so much, that we should do what we can when we're able.   Praying that the symptoms are stress-related.   Please post your results.

Fen

Fen
            Participant

Fen

lhaley
              Participant

It's always best to get checked out but hopefully it's just the thyroid still messing you up.  I'll imagine right now next weekend you having fun in Costa Rica for Thanksgiving.  

Let us know,

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

It's always best to get checked out but hopefully it's just the thyroid still messing you up.  I'll imagine right now next weekend you having fun in Costa Rica for Thanksgiving.  

Let us know,

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Let us know,

Linda

jag
                    Participant

Wetterhorn.  Just go into urgent care for headaches/possible seizures/tremors.  They will get you in within the day.  Better to get on top of things quickly.  If you have a brain met, don't mess around, go and get it.  Hope you find out quickly and can plan on your trip to Costa Rica when you know everything is ok.  You are not going to be enjoying Costa Rica with these kind of symptoms, nor will your family if you god forbid have a seizure in Costa Rica.  Third world medical care is not all that it is cracked up to be.  

J.

jag
                      Participant

Wetterhorn.  Just go into urgent care for headaches/possible seizures/tremors.  They will get you in within the day.  Better to get on top of things quickly.  If you have a brain met, don't mess around, go and get it.  Hope you find out quickly and can plan on your trip to Costa Rica when you know everything is ok.  You are not going to be enjoying Costa Rica with these kind of symptoms, nor will your family if you god forbid have a seizure in Costa Rica.  Third world medical care is not all that it is cracked up to be.  

J.

jag
                        Participant

J.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics