The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Complete responder to Ipi (Yervoy) 12 months now!

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Complete responder to Ipi (Yervoy) 12 months now!

Participant

Hi,

Hi,

Its been a while since I posted an update on me. I just went for a full oncology workup last Wednesday……PET/CT scans, blood work, and clinical exam and a one hour discussion with my melanoma oncologist and melanoma nurse practitioner. Everything is normal, I am NED. NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER!!!! I am working for 5 months now, feel great and LIFE IS GOOD! One year ago we were discussing right leg disarticulation (amputation from the hip socket). I am vigilant, do frequent body skin checks and daily leg checks, looking and feeling for new growths, lumps, bumps etc. I did four doses of Ipilimumab (yervoy) at 3mg/kg last December 2010 to February 2011. I have been NED since my PET/CT scan two weeks after my 4th Ipi dose.

Thank you all for being on this board. This is a wonderful support and information network! I may not post as often these days but thats because I am very busy living life and melanoma isnt taking up all my time right now!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant
          Great to hear. Congratulations!
          Richard_K
          Participant
            Richard_K
            Participant
              Fen
              Participant

Absolutely wonderful news!  Enjoy NED to the fullest, Donna.

Fen
                Participant

Fen
                  Participant

Gene_S
                    Participant

WTG!!!  Wonderful news.  I am so glad that Ipi worked for you.

Gene is hoping he is a complete responder soon.  It will be one year the fourth of March that Gene started Ipi.  Today is week 48 scans and we are hoping for NED.

Keep living life to its fullest and we will be dancing with you in celebration.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene Stage IV)

Gene_S
                      Participant

Gene is hoping he is a complete responder soon.  It will be one year the fourth of March that Gene started Ipi.  Today is week 48 scans and we are hoping for NED.

Gene_S
                        Participant

LynnLuc
                          Participant

WTG ! Awesome news!

LynnLuc
                            Participant

WTG ! Awesome news!

LynnLuc
                              Participant

WTG ! Awesome news!

jim Breitfeller
                                Participant

Donna,

I am so happy for you. Your Inflammation actiaved the "Danger Signal" and chemoattractants. This brought the Army of T-cells to the site of invasion. You know the rest. Your immune system finnally saw the Melanoma Cancer.

Congrats!!!!!!

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                  Participant

Donna,

I am so happy for you. Your Inflammation actiaved the "Danger Signal" and chemoattractants. This brought the Army of T-cells to the site of invasion. You know the rest. Your immune system finnally saw the Melanoma Cancer.

Congrats!!!!!!

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                    Participant

Donna,

Congrats!!!!!!

Jimmy B

davidfromsingapore
                                      Participant

Awesome news.  Please keep giving us this good news!

David

davidfromsingapore
                                        Participant

David

davidfromsingapore
                                          Participant

David

Rona
                                            Participant

smiley That is great news!!!! I hope you are NED forever!!! 

Enjoy LIFE and all that comes with it….. 

Rona

Rona
                                              Participant

Rona

Rona
                                                Participant

Rona

gabsound
                                                  Participant
                                                    Donna, I’m thrilled for you!!!! Enjoy living your life!

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                    Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                      Participant

Julie in Las Vegas

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics