The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Colitis again after Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community Colitis again after Keytruda

Participant
      I had my last Keytruda infusion in January, and now I’m NED. (Hurrah!) During treatment I struggled with colitis. Then I felt better after we finished. But now I’ve had a week of diarrhea again. I’m trying to figure out if this is an encore from Keytruda or something else entirely? I never had any kind of digestive trouble before immunotherapy. Is that likely to have changed now?
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant
          Hi Tsvetochka;
          Two and a half years ago before I developed the beast, I could anything, anytime anyway. I had a cast iron stomach and nothing bothered it. A couple months after starting Nivo (opdivo), I developed Colitis. Eventually had to stop the immunotherapy, but two years later, still NED! Stomach…..not so much. I’ve had no repeats on the colitis after a long dosage of steroids (with just about all the steroidal side effects you could get). My stomach has never been the same. I have diarrhea on an on and off again basis, unexplained stomach pain and constant “issues”. But I am doing okay considering we weren’t sure I was going to be around for long. Here I am. Hope and pray the colitis goes away for you! I also hope and pray you stay NED!!!!
          Ted
          happyfeet123
          Participant
            I was on keytruda for 15 months before I had to discontinue due to colitis. I was on steroids for 6 weeks and needed two rounds of rimcaid to clear up the colitis. I too have experienced diaherra, constipation and stomach pain after this. I am curious to your physician thoughts. I have another appt inJune to discuss? I have been ned for slmost two years. I am very interested in your thoughts. Praying for continuing wellness with this beast for you both.
            happyfeet123
            Participant
              I was on keytruda for 15 months before I had to discontinue due to colitis. I was on steroids for 6 weeks and needed two rounds of rimcaid to clear up the colitis. I too have experienced diaherra, constipation and stomach pain after this. I am curious to your physician thoughts. I have another appt inJune to discuss? I have been ned for slmost two years. I am very interested in your thoughts. Praying for continuing wellness with this beast for you both.
              Tsvetochka
              Participant
                Thanks. That helps. Even if I have permanently traded in my old cast iron stomach, it is worth it to be rid of the melanoma!

I won’t see my cancer doctors again until July, but I’m also curious about what they might say. If I don’t start feeling better soon, I might go back to the gastroenterologist they sent me to before. I would like to wait out quarantine first, though….

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics