The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Clinical trial participants

Forums General Melanoma Community Clinical trial participants

Participant

Hello all,

Looking for some info on clinical trials, trying to see if anyone here has been a part of them. I’m stage 4 and my oncologist has mentioned two clinical trials as possibilities for me.

– CMP-001 in combination with Keytruda

– Relatlimab in combination with Opdivo

thanks,

Kathy

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Hi Kathy, I like both options and I have been following, like many others these two drug trials. I am thinking that both should be reporting phase 3 data soon, maybe at this years ASCO in June. The first trial is a TLR-9 agonist and I believe an injectable, while the second one is Lag-3 another checkpoint inhibitor. I think that they look to see if there is lag-3 in the tumor micro environment for those who have progressed on pd-1. Here are two links for your reading pleasure!!! https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/bristol-myers-advances-new-lag-3-med-relatlimab-melanoma-to-fight-pd-1-resistance     https://checkmatepharma.com/technology

ed williams
            Participant

One more link for good luck!!!  http://www.ascopost.com/News/58738

2Kathy
              Participant

Thanks Ed. Barring anything unexpected in the screening, and pending the results of a brain MRI, I’m planning to enroll in the CMP-001 trial at Dana-Farber.

lkb
              Participant

Kathy, no experiences to share yet, but am starting a drug trial this week (IL-12 + electroporation + Pembro). Wishing us both excellent rattie results!

Yours on a small suspended wheel,

Lisa

2Kathy
                  Participant

Good luck to you! I’m doing all my screening on Monday, hopefully nothing is found that prevents me from making the trial.

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics