The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Clear brain mri, start taf/mek combo tomorrow!

Forums General Melanoma Community Clear brain mri, start taf/mek combo tomorrow!

Participant

Brain mri was clean! Guess i am just dealing with nodes in retroperinoteal area as well as one suspicious lung nodule. Surgery consult was informative-nodes in that area are difficult to get to and high risk of serious complications. He agreed with oncologist to try meds first.

So, just got meds this afternoon, will start tomorrow PHEW!!! I've heard so many comments of people being on taf/mek combo with NO side effects-I WILL BE ONE OF THE RESPONDERS AND NO SIDE EFFECTS!

Thank you to those who responded to my prior post. I have always appreciated the knowledge and support from this forum!

🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jamieth29
        Participant
          You have a excellent chance of responding approaching 80%. The combo has worked well for me with 0 side effects, in fact almost to well. I had a 18mm iliac node that showed on a pet, after 6 weeks on combo the node shrunk to 7mm. The plan was surgery after it and some in transit spots had shrunk. The surgeon now is not very confident he can find the node because it is so small.
            mom3girlsFL
            Participant

Thanks so much for your positive response! So glad to hear the combo working well for you!

I just needed a little time to wrap my brain around this recurrence – I read my last post and i sure was having a pity party! Amazing how fear can take over! 

Feel good so far except for being very tired but that could be my auto immune kicking in. I doubt i would be experiencing side effects after 3 doses?

Anyway, thanks again!

mom3girlsFL
              Participant

Thanks so much for your positive response! So glad to hear the combo working well for you!

I just needed a little time to wrap my brain around this recurrence – I read my last post and i sure was having a pity party! Amazing how fear can take over! 

Feel good so far except for being very tired but that could be my auto immune kicking in. I doubt i would be experiencing side effects after 3 doses?

Anyway, thanks again!

mom3girlsFL
                Participant

Anyway, thanks again!

jamieth29
                Participant
                  You have a excellent chance of responding approaching 80%. The combo has worked well for me with 0 side effects, in fact almost to well. I had a 18mm iliac node that showed on a pet, after 6 weeks on combo the node shrunk to 7mm. The plan was surgery after it and some in transit spots had shrunk. The surgeon now is not very confident he can find the node because it is so small.
                  jamieth29
                  Participant
                Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics