The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

clean scan

Forums General Melanoma Community clean scan

Participant

I had my usual checkup with my onco at MDA. He ordered a pelvic/abd CT because he felt like my surgical site… well, let's just say I think he was being overcautious. Even though I really didn't believe anything was wrong, what with good bloodwork and nothing I could feel, I went through the usual gamut of crud. I got my results within 24 hours, though, and everything's fine.

I had my usual checkup with my onco at MDA. He ordered a pelvic/abd CT because he felt like my surgical site… well, let's just say I think he was being overcautious. Even though I really didn't believe anything was wrong, what with good bloodwork and nothing I could feel, I went through the usual gamut of crud. I got my results within 24 hours, though, and everything's fine.

Stage IIIB and almost 3 years out from them pulling a bad node with nothing since. I don't ever feel like I'm 100% safe, but I DO believe that every tomorrow I see gets me closer to the day when a kickass treatment is found. Until then, the curcumin seems to be working.

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        renakimu
        Participant

great news!!!!!!!!!!keep going and everything is going to be ok!!!

renakimu
          Participant

renakimu
            Participant

scots
              Participant
                Congrats and great attitude.
                scots
                Participant
                  scots
                  Participant
                    AlisonC
                    Participant
                      Congrats :). There is nothing like a clear scan to make a person happy. I am 10 years NED this month (although still bickering with my insurance about a confirming scan) and have gone heavily down the supplements/meditation/ lifestyle change. Who knows if that’s what’s helped but I’ll take the NED any day.

congrats to you and wishes for many more of the same ๐Ÿ™‚

AlisonC
                      Stage IIIB
                      NED since 2001

AlisonC
                      Participant
                        Congrats :). There is nothing like a clear scan to make a person happy. I am 10 years NED this month (although still bickering with my insurance about a confirming scan) and have gone heavily down the supplements/meditation/ lifestyle change. Who knows if that’s what’s helped but I’ll take the NED any day.

AlisonC
                        Stage IIIB
                        NED since 2001

AlisonC
                        Participant

AlisonC
                          Stage IIIB
                          NED since 2001

jag
                          Participant
                            That is good news Drew, very happy for you.
                            J.
                            jag
                            Participant
                              J.
                              jag
                              Participant
                                J.
                                jimjoeb
                                Participant

Congrats!!!! I just got the last all clear today for my first followup. 4 months NED! It feels great whenever the all clear comes, I'm sure. Looking forward to when I'm 3 years out from pulling my bad node. I'm doing the curcumin (and other good eating and life style things, too). Hope it works for me too!

jimjoeb
                                  Participant

Congrats!!!! I just got the last all clear today for my first followup. 4 months NED! It feels great whenever the all clear comes, I'm sure. Looking forward to when I'm 3 years out from pulling my bad node. I'm doing the curcumin (and other good eating and life style things, too). Hope it works for me too!

jimjoeb
                                    Participant

shellebrownies
                                      Participant

That's awesome news! So happy for you! smiley

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                        Participant

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                          Participant

Michelle, wife of Don

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

I would love to see a rreview of cases involving who took curcumin, which oncoproteiins and DNA mutations they had, when they started it in their melanoma journey, what treatments it was taken with, how long it was taken and the progression or lack thereof in their melanoma. 

In the meantime I will continue with my curcumin supplements except when needing to recover from any surgeries (includiing dental surgery!)

JerryfromFauq
                                              Participant

I would love to see a rreview of cases involving who took curcumin, which oncoproteiins and DNA mutations they had, when they started it in their melanoma journey, what treatments it was taken with, how long it was taken and the progression or lack thereof in their melanoma. 

In the meantime I will continue with my curcumin supplements except when needing to recover from any surgeries (includiing dental surgery!)

JerryfromFauq
                                                Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics