The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cholesterol lowering drugs and Melanoma? Does Lipitor or Statins lower the immune system?

Forums General Melanoma Community Cholesterol lowering drugs and Melanoma? Does Lipitor or Statins lower the immune system?

Participant

Hi Everyone!!!

Been a long time since I've been on here. I will be NED for 5 yrs. next month!!!! Will also CELEBRATE my 45th birthday this week!!!! And will be a Grandma in December (I am sooo excited). Hope everyone is hanging in there and just always remember to KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP!!!!

My question is…. Doc just told me my Cholesterol was HORRIBLE!! 297 total, good=77 and bad=220. Wants me to go on lipitor but I sure don't want it to lower my immune system. Any advice on this? I did some research and got conflicting info. on a few different sites.

Hi Everyone!!!

Been a long time since I've been on here. I will be NED for 5 yrs. next month!!!! Will also CELEBRATE my 45th birthday this week!!!! And will be a Grandma in December (I am sooo excited). Hope everyone is hanging in there and just always remember to KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP!!!!

My question is…. Doc just told me my Cholesterol was HORRIBLE!! 297 total, good=77 and bad=220. Wants me to go on lipitor but I sure don't want it to lower my immune system. Any advice on this? I did some research and got conflicting info. on a few different sites.

Thanks!!!

SandyW

stage IIIB, NED 5 yrs!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Sandy, My suggestion is find another doctor. Also go to http://www.naturalnews.com and read about real health issues and also sign up for their daily free email. If you are really worried about your high numbers change your diet.

Best wishes, Gene

Gene_S
          Participant

Sandy, My suggestion is find another doctor. Also go to http://www.naturalnews.com and read about real health issues and also sign up for their daily free email. If you are really worried about your high numbers change your diet.

Best wishes, Gene

Gene_S
            Participant

Best wishes, Gene

Gene_S
              Participant

Before you ever consider taking a drug, you should thoroughly investigate the risks. The same goes for medical procedures. The information is out there. But you can’t rely on the pharmaceutical companies or even your doctor to inform you.

It is YOUR body. Take responsibility for it.

And always remember that prescription drugs don’t heal. They mask. Drugs may help to relieve the symptoms of an illness. But they do nothing to address the cause.

If you truly want to remedy an illness you must address the source of the problem. Identify and eradicate the habits that may have led to the illness in the first place. Then seek the foods, natural supplements, sunlight and exercise that will enhance your body’s ability to heal itself.

http://naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/07/scientific-sleight-of-hand-two-ways-big-pharma-lies-to-you/#Continue

Gene_S
                Participant

Before you ever consider taking a drug, you should thoroughly investigate the risks. The same goes for medical procedures. The information is out there. But you can’t rely on the pharmaceutical companies or even your doctor to inform you.

And always remember that prescription drugs don’t heal. They mask. Drugs may help to relieve the symptoms of an illness. But they do nothing to address the cause.

If you truly want to remedy an illness you must address the source of the problem. Identify and eradicate the habits that may have led to the illness in the first place. Then seek the foods, natural supplements, sunlight and exercise that will enhance your body’s ability to heal itself.

http://naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/07/scientific-sleight-of-hand-two-ways-big-pharma-lies-to-you/#Continue

Gene_S
                  Participant

Richard_K
                    Participant

Sandy

I have been on Zedia for my cholesterol with no apparent adverse interaction with Zelboraf.

Dick

Richard_K
                      Participant

Sandy

I have been on Zedia for my cholesterol with no apparent adverse interaction with Zelboraf.

Dick

Richard_K
                        Participant

Sandy

Dick

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics