The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Chemical Warfare

Forums General Melanoma Community Chemical Warfare

Participant

According to the Geneva Convention, nations at war with one another are not supposed to use chemical weapons against their opponent.

Thank goodness that does apply to me as I wage war against melanoma.

My central line has now been stuffed down my neck, I've had a super close shave by a barber and been lathered up with super lotions and am slamming fluids  in anticipation of another go around with IL2 starting with bag 1 at 7 a.m.Monday.

Most people probably would have used their upcoming days more wisely, by spending time with family, eating healthy to boost the immune system and devoting time for quiet contemplation; but I went out with a bunch of fellow veterans last night and we all got rip roaring drunk and wiped out a grill full of baby back ribs.

The cab driver was banging on my door this morning for a while to get me up so as to  drive me to the train station.

So up next is my second week "on".  Take as many bags as I can, wait two weeks and scan.

I'm thinking out loud here, but many people diss IL2; but it has its' place.  One of the largest complaints I see here on this board is well it is toxic and diminishes the quality of life.

Show me one cancer patient that has said ANY surgery or treatment is easy.

Okay, enough of my editorial, but I want to throw in one more thing for all here to consider and this is to read a post I made six years ago…………….and most of all, the responses.

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/stage-ivroll-call-undead-please

And as one poster here well reminded me about my opinion about melanoma  "I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm aaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll out of bubble gum"

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Really hate that you're out'a gum, Charlie!!  HA!  Your roll call post was a trip down memory lane for sure….many remain un-dead….while others….   Well, I was in the middle of a Stage IV battle of my own at the time of that post…but I remain undead today.  Will be thinking of you and your lack of chewing gum as I drive to work in the morning.  Hang tough!!  celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Really hate that you're out'a gum, Charlie!!  HA!  Your roll call post was a trip down memory lane for sure….many remain un-dead….while others….   Well, I was in the middle of a Stage IV battle of my own at the time of that post…but I remain undead today.  Will be thinking of you and your lack of chewing gum as I drive to work in the morning.  Hang tough!!  celeste

jag
              Participant

Hey Charlie, 

there was no reply button under your post, only report.  I didn't want to turn you in so I'm replying under Bubbles post.

Anyway, thanks for the update I think about you occasionally and wonder how you are doing.  Of the last  2 times I have checked in here, your post is at the top of the charts.  This means you aren't just a melanoma warrior, you are actually a melanoma rockstar.! 

Anyway, thank you for your service-'both to this country and the war on Melanoma.

May your deployment be short-you definitely deserve an honorable discharge and early retirement with good benefits.

God Bless

John

jag
                Participant

Hey Charlie, 

there was no reply button under your post, only report.  I didn't want to turn you in so I'm replying under Bubbles post.

Anyway, thanks for the update I think about you occasionally and wonder how you are doing.  Of the last  2 times I have checked in here, your post is at the top of the charts.  This means you aren't just a melanoma warrior, you are actually a melanoma rockstar.! 

Anyway, thank you for your service-'both to this country and the war on Melanoma.

May your deployment be short-you definitely deserve an honorable discharge and early retirement with good benefits.

God Bless

John

jag
                  Participant

Hey Charlie, 

God Bless

John

Bubbles
                  Participant

JoshF
                    Participant

I'm the reminder on the bubble gum Charlie! I'm glad you had a rip roaring time and now ready to get on with it!!! Go kick some ass my friend! You've been an inspiration to me as one of this first people to respond to me on this forum. You've been somewhat of a role model as I know you've been fighting long and hard. My battle rages on and hopefully the plan to do that will be laid out this week. In the meantime, I'll be thinking about you. Godspeed my friend!!!

Josh

vivian
                        Participant

Hey Charlie!

Just want you to know that I remember that post clearly.  It was a great comfort to me then, just as your funny, sarcastic posts over the years since have been.  Keep making those posts, please – you mean a lot to many of us!

Lear

vivian
                          Participant

Hey Charlie!

Just want you to know that I remember that post clearly.  It was a great comfort to me then, just as your funny, sarcastic posts over the years since have been.  Keep making those posts, please – you mean a lot to many of us!

Lear

vivian
                            Participant

Hey Charlie!

Lear

JoshF
                            Participant

I'm the reminder on the bubble gum Charlie! I'm glad you had a rip roaring time and now ready to get on with it!!! Go kick some ass my friend! You've been an inspiration to me as one of this first people to respond to me on this forum. You've been somewhat of a role model as I know you've been fighting long and hard. My battle rages on and hopefully the plan to do that will be laid out this week. In the meantime, I'll be thinking about you. Godspeed my friend!!!

Josh

JoshF
                              Participant

Josh

SABKLYN
                                Participant

Rock on Charlie.  Your already huge fan base grows by leaps and bounds.  

SABKLYN
                                  Participant

SABKLYN
                                    Participant

WithinMySkin
                                      Participant
                                        Love it, Charlie! You gotta live life while you still can. Keep kicking @ss and keep us updated on round 2!
                                        WithinMySkin
                                        Participant
                                          Love it, Charlie! You gotta live life while you still can. Keep kicking @ss and keep us updated on round 2!
                                          WithinMySkin
                                          Participant
                                        Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics