The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking in with good news…

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking in with good news…

Participant
      Hi All…

Quite understandably most posts in here are about reoccurrances,new issues,diagnoses etc. People fortunate enough to have avoided all these (due to positive outcomes of treatment), tend to not report back, as nothing to report…skewing the stats!

I would just like to remind everyone there is hope and are positive stories.

I got the old “80% chance of you not being around in 5 years” story.. (Stage 3b lymph node)…but 10 years later still hanging around, no reoccurrances,no drama.. (Had only surgery at the time,no other treatment).

Not trying to claim or prove anything (and hopefully not tempting fate!)..just sharing a positive story and hope to anyone who might benefit from either..

Happy to answer any questions.

Stay strong

John in Bangkok.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        NSNewf
        Participant

Glad to hear you are still doing well. 

KellyH
          Participant

I think the positive stories are just as helpful as are the shared experiences about treatment, reoccurrences,   etc… I am just starting this whole process with my child as the patient….And it’s so scary.  So hearing your story and so many other stories on this site gives me hope. I think a reminder now and then that people do survive this diagnosis is a good thing.  Thank you John!!!!! Kelly 🙂 

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Hi John,

Good news never gets old!  Happy dancing here in So Cal!

ขอบคุณจอห์น

Julie

TexMelanomex
              Participant

I like it John!!!'

Susanlee528
                  Participant

Thank you so much for sharing that! It helps so much to hear the positive stories!

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics