The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking In & Happy Holidays

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking In & Happy Holidays

Participant
      Hello Warriors!

As always I hope this finds you all fighting and winning. It has again been several months since I’ve been here and almost like a guilt alarm clock, the MRF forum popped into my mind and reminded me that I have been absent. I have found myself very busy over the past few months traveling, working, taking a few hunting trips and I’m excited to tell you all that I have embarked on writing a book about my journey from stage II to stage IV and then NED. It should be published this summer and I’m excited to discuss my strategies and mindset during this battle, things I learned, and of course the support that so many of you here gave me. I have some scans coming up at the end of next month and I’ll report back then if not sooner. Approaching 2 years NED quickly and I am so very grateful for all of you, and cant wait until the day when we wipe the enemy off the face of the planet and no longer need a forum like this.

I hope all of you that celebrate Christmas had a very Merry Christmas! I wish you all a great 2020 and much success in this fight. Please stay in the fight!

Warrior On!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Affected
        Participant
          Hi Tex,

I’m originally from Texas myself. I’m so happy to read about you being NED for 2 years!!!!! On January 8th, my husband is having his first Cat scan since they removed his tumor from his parotid gland in July, and I so want to come back onto this forum and report that he has been NED for almost 6 months. Thank you very much for posting. I didn’t realize how anxious I was until getting back onto this site and letting the flood gates open and in so doing, allowing my fears to just flow with the tears. I’m feeling so much better. Thank you so much and I pray that you will continue to be NED for many many many …… years to come. Sincerely, Affected

TexMelanomex
            Participant
              You hang in there Affected! I’m always elated to hear NED stories and 6 months is a great start to many more years! Yes, this forum can be a huge source of support and inspiration, it was for me and yes, it also brings with it many emotions but we are humans and we feel things and that’s ok! Thank you for your prayers and I will also pray for you and your husband!
              Warrior On!
            lkb
            Participant
              Hooray, Tex! Eager to read your book!
              Wishing you a great year and continued NED,
              Lisa
              Baby_Girl
              Participant
                Congrats on 2 years NED! Excited to read your book!
                Baby_Girl
                Participant
                  Congrats on 2 years NED! Excited to read your book!
                  Sharon93065
                  Participant
                    I also have been absent from this forum for two long. I am NED and after 2 years of every two weeks Opdivo treatment is stopped.

Yeah us! PTL!
                    Sharon

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics