The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking In

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking In

Participant
      Good afternoon!

It has been a while since I dropped by so I thought I’d give everyone a brief update. Right now I’m in the middle of my 4th round of Temodar. Most of the time since the last cycle I’ve been very fatigued and haven’t been online much. My last brain MRI showed three questionable spots and I’ll have another of those coming up by the end of June. My doctor wasn’t sure whether the spots on the MRI were new melanoma mets or whether they were spots that the Temodar was already attacking. The radiologist wasn’t exactly sure about them either.

The Monday before Memorial Day I spent the afternoon and evening in the ER, dealing with pain from several new skin spots and increasing shortness of breath. The chest CT they did revealed that the mass in my chest has grown greatly since last summer and is now pushing against the left tracheal branch and the pulmonary artery. I also had a small amount of fluid in my left lung that at first they were afraid was pneumonia. They wanted to keep me in hospital overnight but let me come home if I promised to make an appointment with my doctor. That’s coming up on Tuesday.

So I’m still hanging in. Not feeling great but also not feeling terrible. I guess we’ll soon find out what comes next.

-Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Good luck Bill, nice to get an update on how you are doing!!! Ed
          jbronicki
          Participant
            Ditto, nice to hear from you Bill, but sounds like you are going through a lot. I’m hoping they can get the lung stuff under control so you feel a little bit better (shortness of breath is no fun). Hoping the temodar keeps attacking everything. Glad they let you go home though, in the words of Dorothy from Oz, there’s no place like home. Hospitals are exhausting. Finger’s crossed for this week.
            Scooby123
            Participant
              Hi bill, sorry you not so good at moment but keep your spirits up and keep fighting.xx
              Scooby
                Mark_DC
                Participant
                  Dear bill, am sorry for this, hope they can control what isin your chest and that the end June scans (just did mine Friday results later) will be favourable
                  I hope they can come up with a creative treatmenr; sorry about the ER but good you are back home
                  Best wishes Mark
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Hey Bill!! Dang! Sorry you are dealing with all that. Hopefully, your doc will get a good plan for you in place Tuesday. Hang in there. You are one tough cookie!! celeste
              Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics