The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Chat suggestion – who’s in chat function

Forums General Melanoma Community Chat suggestion – who’s in chat function

Participant

When I come to the BB, on the right hand column I don't see Who's in Chat right off the bat.  I do see it on occasion but am not sure if I have to log in first to see it.  (I will see what happens when I finish typing). If that's the case, few people will go into chat because it looks vacant.

IMHO – Please make the Who's in chat show up along the right hand side column from the get go without having to log in.  More peple will visit and it will be more active.  Same for when typing a response, all I see is the melanoma quick facts and a profile of some of the members.  The quick facts can be elsewhere instead of in the find support section, perhaps in education and home page, and the who's in chat can replace it.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

I agree, Kim.  The old chat status window was PROMINENT and  OBVIOUS.  This one is so small and innocuous that it feels hidden.  I never notice it and I know about it.  Chat will never get the visitors it had before without unless it stands out more.  Otherwise, well have to try and advertise times like Carole is doing.

Also, what is the Marquee function?   Shouldn't be there or should be fixed.

Janner

Janner
          Participant

I agree, Kim.  The old chat status window was PROMINENT and  OBVIOUS.  This one is so small and innocuous that it feels hidden.  I never notice it and I know about it.  Chat will never get the visitors it had before without unless it stands out more.  Otherwise, well have to try and advertise times like Carole is doing.

Janner

Janner
            Participant

Janner

Hstevens0072
              Participant

I HATE the melanoma quick facts.  Must they highlight the number of people who will die???  Call me crazy but I thought we were all about hope, support and encouragement.

Kim K
                  Participant

Yeah, by the time you get to this page on the site, the S#!T has hit the fan – lol.  If it is a matter of room, then that info should be under education, not support surprise.

Definately increase the font or bold the chat room info, or better yet, when the names are listed use a red font (unless cannot be seen by color blind?).

The Who's in chat needs to be more prominent.  When I would be catching up and noticed someone in chat, often I would pop on in to see what's up.

Now I realize what was missing.  But funny, sometimes I see it in the banner, other times not…….

Kim K
                    Participant

Oh, and have links to updated flash players for PC & Mac users if they need to be installed.  Just got a new MacBook Pro with Maverick OS…..  Nice, solid state hard drive, it dosen't spin so doesn't need a fan or get hot, is light, and should last longer than just a few years…..

Kim K
                      Participant

Oh, and have links to updated flash players for PC & Mac users if they need to be installed.  Just got a new MacBook Pro with Maverick OS…..  Nice, solid state hard drive, it dosen't spin so doesn't need a fan or get hot, is light, and should last longer than just a few years…..

Kim K
                        Participant

Kim K
                          Participant

Yeah, by the time you get to this page on the site, the S#!T has hit the fan – lol.  If it is a matter of room, then that info should be under education, not support surprise.

Definately increase the font or bold the chat room info, or better yet, when the names are listed use a red font (unless cannot be seen by color blind?).

The Who's in chat needs to be more prominent.  When I would be catching up and noticed someone in chat, often I would pop on in to see what's up.

Now I realize what was missing.  But funny, sometimes I see it in the banner, other times not…….

Kim K
                            Participant

Hstevens0072
                            Participant

I HATE the melanoma quick facts.  Must they highlight the number of people who will die???  Call me crazy but I thought we were all about hope, support and encouragement.

Hstevens0072
                              Participant

Carole K
                                Participant

HI kIm

I will set my alarm to get up to chat with you.  Aren't I a good friend>  lol  Big Hugs to you, Mom and the girls.  I can't wait to see you in June..

Big hUgs

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                  Participant

HI kIm

I will set my alarm to get up to chat with you.  Aren't I a good friend>  lol  Big Hugs to you, Mom and the girls.  I can't wait to see you in June..

Big hUgs

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                                    Participant

HI kIm

Big hUgs

Love and Light

Carole

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics