The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Chat Room

Forums General Melanoma Community Chat Room

Participant

HI Everyone

I don't know how it happened but my post below posted as ANONYMOUS.  NOt sure how I did that.My aplogies.  

I am interested to see how many of you use the chat room and if you don't , would you mind sharing why you don't.  I found the chat room a wonderful plaece when i was here  The best way to do chat is to use it continually.  I have been on facebook for five months and yes it'sa wonderful place to go  adn there are several groups there.  The thing I LOVE ABOUT MPIP  is the community spirit we had.  It's stmall enough that you can get to know each others story.  Chat just takes thisngs to another level   You really get to know each other and honestly at times it becomes a place to just vent and yes  LAUGH.  It was a formum for many to come to when they were down  There were several conversations going at once  It resulted in many of us meeting several times in Asheville, Dallas, Michigan and Florida.  IT WAS SUPPORT LIKE NO OTHER.  The one thing about chat is as a group you have to respect when someone new comes to chat and welcoe them. What i usually do is I stop when someone new signs in  I welcome them and ask if they have any questions.  Let them share for a bit and explain what goes on in chat.  You may be having a conversation with two or three people and someone else may just be readng. It's different all the time  Sometimes the HUMOR Iis vry refreshing  I hope all of you try it and just keep going back  I promise you will get to love it  

That being said?  Is anyone up for a chat session?  I will post and e mail to several OLD TIME SURVIVORS TO MEET US HRE  

Just post and let me know .

Sending everyoe big hugs and positive thoughts.. Hang tough !!!! WE CAN DO THIS.. 

i OPENED MY EYES TODAY, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY.  

Love and Light 

Carole K

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        DZnDef
        Participant

Hi Carole,

I have never participated in a chat room and am not sure what really happens in there that doesn't already happen on the forum, but I'd be willing to give it a try.  So far, my sidebar has never shown anyone as being in the chat room.  I don't know if that's a display problem or if it is always empty.  But I'll try jumping in sometime.

Cheers – Maggie

Carole K
            Participant

HI Maggie

The chat room is used primarily to chat with others who may be doing the same treatment.  IN that case its a great place to share.  Sometimes it will be a place to just vent and get support.  Often times patiens who come here have met and go to chat.  It can be very seious and other times it can be funny.  Every day is diffeent

I am going to organize a chat session for nexxt week I will see if I can get some of the old timers to join.  I would love to see everyone who comes here have what  I had in chat.  It was my first and only chat room.  It was a gift from Melanoma.  

Patients come there, caregvers come , ask questions or just talk about whatever is on your mind.

See you next week

Love and Light

Carole K

Carole K
              Participant

HI Maggie

The chat room is used primarily to chat with others who may be doing the same treatment.  IN that case its a great place to share.  Sometimes it will be a place to just vent and get support.  Often times patiens who come here have met and go to chat.  It can be very seious and other times it can be funny.  Every day is diffeent

I am going to organize a chat session for nexxt week I will see if I can get some of the old timers to join.  I would love to see everyone who comes here have what  I had in chat.  It was my first and only chat room.  It was a gift from Melanoma.  

Patients come there, caregvers come , ask questions or just talk about whatever is on your mind.

See you next week

Love and Light

Carole K

Carole K
                Participant

HI Maggie

See you next week

Love and Light

Carole K

DZnDef
                Participant

Hi Carole,

I have never participated in a chat room and am not sure what really happens in there that doesn't already happen on the forum, but I'd be willing to give it a try.  So far, my sidebar has never shown anyone as being in the chat room.  I don't know if that's a display problem or if it is always empty.  But I'll try jumping in sometime.

Cheers – Maggie

DZnDef
                  Participant

Hi Carole,

Cheers – Maggie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics