The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

chat

Participant

HEY! that chat room works just fine.

just click on the link to the left. Come on in. Chat me up a little.

I totally blew off my oncology appt today and I'm wondering if that means I am cured??

HEY! that chat room works just fine.

just click on the link to the left. Come on in. Chat me up a little.

I totally blew off my oncology appt today and I'm wondering if that means I am cured??

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

Hey Dian,  hope you got some takers, unfortunately  (for me lol)  I don't type fast enough for chat – wish I did though;  it might be a better place ( now we have no ds) for me to blow off some oompa loompa steam.

…. and I guess you must be cured if you have no need for your oncologist 🙂

bcl
          Participant

Hey Dian,  hope you got some takers, unfortunately  (for me lol)  I don't type fast enough for chat – wish I did though;  it might be a better place ( now we have no ds) for me to blow off some oompa loompa steam.

…. and I guess you must be cured if you have no need for your oncologist 🙂

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

The trouble is, that i go in the room, and do not know if any one is there before I go, and there I be sitting all alone talking to myself and no one comes.  when I come back to type here, to say  I am there I am there, It takes me off the chat and unlogs me, and if on a REMOTE chance someone wanted to speak at to me there would be no me.   Not like before, when I saw names, I knew and jumped in.  I do not understand much anymore, and even if you smart sort (its true) know the ins and outs, I do not, and cannot figure out simple tasks.  I will keep on trying, and yes same as BCL I cannot type as fast or accurate anymore to keep up with the hub bub.

dian in spokane
                Participant

Bonnie.. as long as you are logged in, you should be able to see who's in the room by looking over on the left side of the board where it says 'who's chatting?" but.. it's true that if you want to read the board, you have to minimize your chat window and open a new window!

You don't usually have to type as fast anymore, because there are never THAT many people in the room. Plus..the chat room stops you from typing to fast and chastises you for typing too fast.

If you showed up and hung out there though, I bet people WOULD come in just o see you.

there was a pretty nice sized crowd in there last night. I might try it again tonight

dian

dian in spokane
                  Participant

Bonnie.. as long as you are logged in, you should be able to see who's in the room by looking over on the left side of the board where it says 'who's chatting?" but.. it's true that if you want to read the board, you have to minimize your chat window and open a new window!

You don't usually have to type as fast anymore, because there are never THAT many people in the room. Plus..the chat room stops you from typing to fast and chastises you for typing too fast.

If you showed up and hung out there though, I bet people WOULD come in just o see you.

there was a pretty nice sized crowd in there last night. I might try it again tonight

dian

Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

The trouble is, that i go in the room, and do not know if any one is there before I go, and there I be sitting all alone talking to myself and no one comes.  when I come back to type here, to say  I am there I am there, It takes me off the chat and unlogs me, and if on a REMOTE chance someone wanted to speak at to me there would be no me.   Not like before, when I saw names, I knew and jumped in.  I do not understand much anymore, and even if you smart sort (its true) know the ins and outs, I do not, and cannot figure out simple tasks.  I will keep on trying, and yes same as BCL I cannot type as fast or accurate anymore to keep up with the hub bub.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics