The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Celebrating 6 years

Forums General Melanoma Community Celebrating 6 years

Participant

Just posting to give a little hope to stage I and stage II (and any stage really). This week or next, can't remember which, is my 6 year anniversary. Isn't that great that its been so long I can't remember the exact date in August? I was dx borderline stage IB/IIA (2.0 on one path, 2.1 on the other), SNB neg. I'm pretty sure I'm NED, as I had a CT scan in June due to abdominal pain (turned out to be an abcess on my ovary and a major pelvic infection, which was all removed by a Gyn Onc and no cancer found). I go to MDA in October to gain my official NED status.

Just posting to give a little hope to stage I and stage II (and any stage really). This week or next, can't remember which, is my 6 year anniversary. Isn't that great that its been so long I can't remember the exact date in August? I was dx borderline stage IB/IIA (2.0 on one path, 2.1 on the other), SNB neg. I'm pretty sure I'm NED, as I had a CT scan in June due to abdominal pain (turned out to be an abcess on my ovary and a major pelvic infection, which was all removed by a Gyn Onc and no cancer found). I go to MDA in October to gain my official NED status.

Here's hoping for many more years of NED for all of us.

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        Donna M.
        Participant

Congratulations!  =)

Donna M.
          Participant

Congratulations!  =)

jax2007gxp
            Participant

That is wonderful and really does help to hear about!!!  Thank you!

jax2007gxp
              Participant

That is wonderful and really does help to hear about!!!  Thank you!

washoegal
                Participant

cheekyYipee..Love the fact you can't even remember the date!  That's what my goal will be.

washoegal
                  Participant

cheekyYipee..Love the fact you can't even remember the date!  That's what my goal will be.

CAdesiree
                    Participant

always nice to read positive on this board! congrats on 6yrs!!! i cant wait til this is a distant memory…

CAdesiree
                      Participant

always nice to read positive on this board! congrats on 6yrs!!! i cant wait til this is a distant memory…

triciad
                        Participant

It's wonderful to hear great news.  May your good fortune continue forever!

triciad
                          Participant

It's wonderful to hear great news.  May your good fortune continue forever!

BonnieLea
                            Participant

That is great news to hear.  Glad you are still doing great.

BonnieLea
                              Participant

That is great news to hear.  Glad you are still doing great.

NYKaren
                                Participant

Yes, it is great to hear good news.  Congratulations!

karen

NYKaren
                                  Participant

Yes, it is great to hear good news.  Congratulations!

karen

LynnLuc
                                    Participant

That's awesome news! When I look back to the very first time I had my melanoma removed from my neck..it was 1991..during desert shield my x was stationed in Stuggart.It was an Army Reserve doc from San Antonia who noticed it..( went in for something else)… I am stage 4 but I am also NED and now its been 20 years…=:o) NED since March 26, 2010.

LynnLuc
                                      Participant

That's awesome news! When I look back to the very first time I had my melanoma removed from my neck..it was 1991..during desert shield my x was stationed in Stuggart.It was an Army Reserve doc from San Antonia who noticed it..( went in for something else)… I am stage 4 but I am also NED and now its been 20 years…=:o) NED since March 26, 2010.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics