The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Celebrating 10 Years Living With Melanoma!

Forums General Melanoma Community Celebrating 10 Years Living With Melanoma!

Participant

Today is really a wonderful day. It seems like only yesterday that I was awaken by my wife at 4AM while on a business trip to Singapore, telling me that the mole I had removed prior to leaving was melanoma. Singapore is 12 hours time difference from my home in New England. I never felt so alone. But now I can celebrate 10 years of living beyond that day, thanks to God, wonderful physicians and medicines and great family and friends. I thought it important to share this milestone with those of you on the board who have recently been diagnosed with melanoma.

Today is really a wonderful day. It seems like only yesterday that I was awaken by my wife at 4AM while on a business trip to Singapore, telling me that the mole I had removed prior to leaving was melanoma. Singapore is 12 hours time difference from my home in New England. I never felt so alone. But now I can celebrate 10 years of living beyond that day, thanks to God, wonderful physicians and medicines and great family and friends. I thought it important to share this milestone with those of you on the board who have recently been diagnosed with melanoma. There is a lot of support for you here, and we will try our best to see that you survive this disease as many of us have over the years. Take care, fight hard and have a wonderful weekend!

Bruce in NH

Stage IV since December, 2008

http://www.survivingmelanoma.com

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        ktkee
        Participant

Congratulations on this happy day for you! I am at 11 years, and loving life. Six grandchildren have been born in that time. We are blessed. Best to you, AZKate

ktkee
          Participant

Congratulations on this happy day for you! I am at 11 years, and loving life. Six grandchildren have been born in that time. We are blessed. Best to you, AZKate

King
            Participant

Bruce,

Great news!  We can't read enough encouraging posts.  I'm guessing that your most recent scans were good…for some reason I haven't seen the results…it could be me and the new format. 🙂

Celebrate big and thanks for giving hope to so many others.

Stay Strong
              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
              Participant

Bruce,

Great news!  We can't read enough encouraging posts.  I'm guessing that your most recent scans were good…for some reason I haven't seen the results…it could be me and the new format. 🙂

Celebrate big and thanks for giving hope to so many others.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                Participant

Just found your scan result post.  Stable is good but I sure understand your concern for wanting more!

Stay Strong
                  King

King
                  Participant

Just found your scan result post.  Stable is good but I sure understand your concern for wanting more!

Stay Strong
                    King

JuleFL
                    Participant

Congratulations!  Enjoy Your life!

melanomafighter
                        Participant

thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful success!  I am newly diagnosed and still trying to get answers.  They didn't give me very long so to hear it can happen is what I have been hoping for.  Stay well, I am stage IIIB

Teresa in Indiana

melanomafighter
                          Participant

thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful success!  I am newly diagnosed and still trying to get answers.  They didn't give me very long so to hear it can happen is what I have been hoping for.  Stay well, I am stage IIIB

Teresa in Indiana

JuleFL
                          Participant

Congratulations!  Enjoy Your life!

BethA in VA
                            Participant

Congrtatulations Bruce on being a fighter. And thank you for sharing good news for all those just diagnosed and feeling all those fears we have all felt. 

I was diagnosed in 1993 – and I'm still here.  Like someone else said – I have gotten to see my kids grow up, have families, and been blessed with 3 grandchildren.  In 1993  I didn't know if I would see tomorrow.  Melanoma has not been fun, and I have lots of scars to show for it…but they are just a road map of my life.  My world is much more important than the road of where I've been.

Again, so happy you posted and I'm glad you are here!!  Beth    3/B

BethA in VA
                              Participant

Congrtatulations Bruce on being a fighter. And thank you for sharing good news for all those just diagnosed and feeling all those fears we have all felt. 

I was diagnosed in 1993 – and I'm still here.  Like someone else said – I have gotten to see my kids grow up, have families, and been blessed with 3 grandchildren.  In 1993  I didn't know if I would see tomorrow.  Melanoma has not been fun, and I have lots of scars to show for it…but they are just a road map of my life.  My world is much more important than the road of where I've been.

Again, so happy you posted and I'm glad you are here!!  Beth    3/B

bigday1004
                                Participant

Congrats to you Bruce. This gives me such high hopes for my husband who is 27 years old and was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma in December of 2009.

April

Vermont_Donna
                                    Participant

Hi Bruce,

Congratulations!!! I thought I had written before but my computer has been acting up! We have the same medical providers at DHMC…I feel we are in good hands!

May you keep going strong!!! Maybe we could meet sometime….I'll let you know when my next oncology checkup is…..

Vermont_Donna,

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                      Participant

Hi Bruce,

Congratulations!!! I thought I had written before but my computer has been acting up! We have the same medical providers at DHMC…I feel we are in good hands!

May you keep going strong!!! Maybe we could meet sometime….I'll let you know when my next oncology checkup is…..

Vermont_Donna,

stage 3a

bigday1004
                                      Participant

Congrats to you Bruce. This gives me such high hopes for my husband who is 27 years old and was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma in December of 2009.

April

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics