The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Castle Report

Forums General Melanoma Community Castle Report

Participant

Received my Castle Decision-Dx report.  I was diagnosed with superficial spreading melanoma, stage 1B, no sentinel lymph node biopsy done, depth of .93, Clark level IV.  Glad to see that the Castle report shows a sub-class of 1A, which is a low risk of reoccurrence within 5 years.   Although I know the report is fairly new, it helps to relieve some anxiety and I know that I must keep doing skin checks every three months.  Anyone else receive a Castle report?  

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Joycem
        Participant

Mine was 2b. No recurrence so far almost 2 years. All my prognostic indicators from path report were also kinda bad except for clear SNB. Looks like you have a pretty good outlook, but smart to stay watchful. 

Blessings, 

joyce

jetdoctor67
          Participant

Mine was 2a. I was diagnosed back in Sept 2017.  BTW did your insurance cover the test?

pinky2001
              Participant

No, my insurance denied the $8,500 bill.  I don’t know if I’ll get billed by Castle.  I was not made aware of the cost prior to the test being done.

Joycem
                Participant

Mine denied but reversed denial after appeal. Now I’m waiting to see if it gets applied to my large deductible (ie if I get billed) since it was ordered in calendar year after diagnosis and surgery. I was told they were not billing patients at the time I agreed to test. 

jetdoctor67
                Participant

I called Castle and was told they do not bill patients.

Atk4life
                  Participant
                    Yes I did the castle test and my results were 2A. I have been NED since August 2016. If your insurance does not pay…they will write it off. Of course they will attempt to appeal and squeeze whatever they can from your insurance company but please know the rest will be written off.
                      ed williams
                      Participant

ATK4life, you might want to fix your personal bio page. You wrote original diagnosis was stage 3, and that you are now stage 2.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics