The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

carol b…how are you?

Forums General Melanoma Community carol b…how are you?

Participant

I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Carol B.  She's in my prayers, but I haven't seen anything about her lately.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Carol B.  She's in my prayers, but I haven't seen anything about her lately.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        carol b
        Participant

Sorry i haven't replied in so long, things just have to soak into my head before i can say anything about it,, good or bad.. BUT,, i have good news. The big tumor under my arm has shrank considerably and my Dr. thinks its small enough to surgically remove it. But my appts aren't until August.. Which is what happened the last time. It shrank enough the last time also to cut out but it was so far away from my return appt it decided to grow back fast and with a vengeance, bigger and more aggressive.. I did get my 14 bags of IL2 the last time but with a price. I almost died, blood pressure was 40/30. they had to bring in a crash cart and send me to CCU but i did it, i got my 14 bags so i can continue on my journey with IL2.. I have an appt. on the 1st of Aug. for a PET and then Aug 4th with my Dr. and my Surgeon to set up an appointment to get this thing out being its the root cause they believe for my other spots. I have one small spot on each lung 3mm and 5mm and a specious spot on my hip.. IM believing that the last round of IL2 got rid of those but wont find out  until i get my PET report. My DR. doesn't have much to say about those spots as he is focused on the big one under my arm but im sure he knows best..Hes probably waiting for the PET results to, to see if they have grown before he worries me about them. Well thats it, nothing else to report. oh except this time if it grows like it did the last time before my appt , i am to call him immediately and they will do emergency surgery to get it out, i should have called him the last time but i waited for my appt and it was to late.. but thats in the past and a lesson learned.. Now that is it. I pray all is going well for everyone on here and i know its not for most but you all are in my prayers and God is in control of everything at all times. Thank you for caring so much. This board means so much to me and ive grown to love you all.. May God Bless you today and always..

Carol b

carol b
          Participant

Sorry i haven't replied in so long, things just have to soak into my head before i can say anything about it,, good or bad.. BUT,, i have good news. The big tumor under my arm has shrank considerably and my Dr. thinks its small enough to surgically remove it. But my appts aren't until August.. Which is what happened the last time. It shrank enough the last time also to cut out but it was so far away from my return appt it decided to grow back fast and with a vengeance, bigger and more aggressive.. I did get my 14 bags of IL2 the last time but with a price. I almost died, blood pressure was 40/30. they had to bring in a crash cart and send me to CCU but i did it, i got my 14 bags so i can continue on my journey with IL2.. I have an appt. on the 1st of Aug. for a PET and then Aug 4th with my Dr. and my Surgeon to set up an appointment to get this thing out being its the root cause they believe for my other spots. I have one small spot on each lung 3mm and 5mm and a specious spot on my hip.. IM believing that the last round of IL2 got rid of those but wont find out  until i get my PET report. My DR. doesn't have much to say about those spots as he is focused on the big one under my arm but im sure he knows best..Hes probably waiting for the PET results to, to see if they have grown before he worries me about them. Well thats it, nothing else to report. oh except this time if it grows like it did the last time before my appt , i am to call him immediately and they will do emergency surgery to get it out, i should have called him the last time but i waited for my appt and it was to late.. but thats in the past and a lesson learned.. Now that is it. I pray all is going well for everyone on here and i know its not for most but you all are in my prayers and God is in control of everything at all times. Thank you for caring so much. This board means so much to me and ive grown to love you all.. May God Bless you today and always..

Carol b

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics