The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

cannabis/hemp oil?

Forums General Melanoma Community cannabis/hemp oil?

Participant

I was really curious if anyone has tried the cannabis oil and it was reduced their cancer or know anyone who has? I've been doing a lot of researching about it but wanted to know if anyone had their own experience with it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        GAngel
        Participant

Hi. Yes, my husband has been using it for a year now in addition to traditional meds and is currently NED and has been for the  last 6 months.

GAngel
          Participant

Hi. Yes, my husband has been using it for a year now in addition to traditional meds and is currently NED and has been for the  last 6 months.

GAngel
            Participant

brittanyx
                Participant

I want to ask my doctor about it but I don't want him to respond like i'm dumb for asking since he never brought it up. But hearing that it has worked for someone I'm going to ask at my next appointment.

GAngel
                  Participant

Your doctor will most  likely  tell you that there is no scientific research to support a claim that hemp oil is a cure for cancer…the only thing our doctor would say is that it is proven to stop seizures in children. Notwithstanding, he supports my husbands choice to take it. By law, even if a physician knew of or had a patient that benefitted from taking hemp oil, he could not recommend it because it hasn't been FDA approved  to treat cancer.  I know it is working for my husband and 2 other people fighting melanoma. It's been reported  in Spain that there is scientific data to support that hemp oil is curing cancer of many types. I guess my advice is that you should thoroughly research a make your decision based on what you learn. Alternative therapies are not always supported by doctors….that doesn't mean they don't work.

Best of luck and God bless you

enatti
                    Participant
                      Hi GAngel,

That is great news! Which traditional meds was your husband on? How far along were you in your treatment when you started the hemp oil?

My father was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma in July. After unsuccessful treatment with Yervoy we were able to switch over to Tafinlar/Mekinist which produced some immediate results.

In early October we also started him on hemp oil. It has definitely helped with appetite and sleep but we are curious if it will eventually work.

Did you complete a full 60 gram reset? If so, was it within 3 months? My father is taking it slow because the oil makes him super drowsy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

rick1981
                      Participant

There are already a few existing threads on this topic, you can use the search box…

… but yes my wife is also taking cannabis oil (in Europe). She has been diagnosed with Stage IV in June and is on Tafinlar/Mekinist since. Scans have been good so far (>30% reduction in August) but we decided to try some alternative medicines as well including cannabis oil. Latest scans in October showed the PET scan was fully negative – CT comparison still to be made. But she's feeling good and we hope that at some point she'll also become NED!

She's taking drops by the way, it's a mostly THC bases liquid which is slightly diluted and you take 3+ drops 1-3 times per day. Drowsiness is hardly existing, you can always dose a bit less. The guidance here is to take as much it takes to get 'high' and then dose 1 drop less the next time until you find the sweetspot πŸ™‚

Good luck,

Rick

enatti
                        Participant

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply!  It is amazing that you had a PET scan recently coming up negative and your wife was diagnosed only in June.  Congratulations and keep up the good work.

About how many grams did it take her to get to her where she is at now?

Btw, my father has dark brown urine.  We are wondering if it is taking a toll on his liver (his liver function numbers were high) or if it is from a separate kidney stone/stent issue that he is currently dealing with.  He has only been on Taf/Mek since late Sept .

My father has been off the combination since 10/28 but we are still dosing him at about 0.14 grams of Cannabis Oil a day. 

Ermin

enatti
                          Participant

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply!  It is amazing that you had a PET scan recently coming up negative and your wife was diagnosed only in June.  Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Btw, my father has dark brown urine.  We are wondering if it is taking a toll on his liver (his liver function numbers were high) or if it is from a separate kidney stone/stent issue that he is currently dealing with.  He has only been on Taf/Mek since late Sept .

My father has been off the combination since 10/28 but we are still dosing him at about 0.14 grams of Cannabis Oil a day. 

Ermin

rick1981
                            Participant

Hi Ermin,

Yes PET negativity was good news, but she still has significant tumour load in het liver and spleen so still far from being NED – but still good πŸ™‚

My wife is taking drops..

"3x diluted specially for cancer patients, contains approx. 10%THC en 2,4% CBD. 3-4 times per day 1-3 drops".

And no her urine is normal but she drinks lots of water (3+ liter per dag), eats vegan and drinks alkaline tea to bring her body's pH is balance. Will ask her  though πŸ™‚

Good luck, Rick

rick1981
                              Participant

Hi Ermin,

Yes PET negativity was good news, but she still has significant tumour load in het liver and spleen so still far from being NED – but still good πŸ™‚

"3x diluted specially for cancer patients, contains approx. 10%THC en 2,4% CBD. 3-4 times per day 1-3 drops".

And no her urine is normal but she drinks lots of water (3+ liter per dag), eats vegan and drinks alkaline tea to bring her body's pH is balance. Will ask her  though πŸ™‚

Good luck, Rick

rick1981
                                Participant

Hi Ermin,

Good luck, Rick

enatti
                                  Participant

Hi Rick,

Ermin

rick1981
                                    Participant

There are already a few existing threads on this topic, you can use the search box…

… but yes my wife is also taking cannabis oil (in Europe). She has been diagnosed with Stage IV in June and is on Tafinlar/Mekinist since. Scans have been good so far (>30% reduction in August) but we decided to try some alternative medicines as well including cannabis oil. Latest scans in October showed the PET scan was fully negative – CT comparison still to be made. But she's feeling good and we hope that at some point she'll also become NED!

She's taking drops by the way, it's a mostly THC bases liquid which is slightly diluted and you take 3+ drops 1-3 times per day. Drowsiness is hardly existing, you can always dose a bit less. The guidance here is to take as much it takes to get 'high' and then dose 1 drop less the next time until you find the sweetspot πŸ™‚

Good luck,

Rick

rick1981
                                      Participant

Good luck,

Rick

enatti
                                        Participant
                                          Hi GAngel,

That is great news! Which traditional meds was your husband on? How far along were you in your treatment when you started the hemp oil?

My father was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma in July. After unsuccessful treatment with Yervoy we were able to switch over to Tafinlar/Mekinist which produced some immediate results.

In early October we also started him on hemp oil. It has definitely helped with appetite and sleep but we are curious if it will eventually work.

Did you complete a full 60 gram reset? If so, was it within 3 months? My father is taking it slow because the oil makes him super drowsy.

Regards,

enatti
                                          Participant
                                            Hi GAngel,

Regards,

GAngel
                                            Participant

Your doctor will most  likely  tell you that there is no scientific research to support a claim that hemp oil is a cure for cancer…the only thing our doctor would say is that it is proven to stop seizures in children. Notwithstanding, he supports my husbands choice to take it. By law, even if a physician knew of or had a patient that benefitted from taking hemp oil, he could not recommend it because it hasn't been FDA approved  to treat cancer.  I know it is working for my husband and 2 other people fighting melanoma. It's been reported  in Spain that there is scientific data to support that hemp oil is curing cancer of many types. I guess my advice is that you should thoroughly research a make your decision based on what you learn. Alternative therapies are not always supported by doctors….that doesn't mean they don't work.

GAngel
                                              Participant

brittanyx
                                                Participant

I want to ask my doctor about it but I don't want him to respond like i'm dumb for asking since he never brought it up. But hearing that it has worked for someone I'm going to ask at my next appointment.

brittanyx
                                                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics