The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cancer takes the Jolly out of my Holly Days!

Forums General Melanoma Community Cancer takes the Jolly out of my Holly Days!

Participant

I am blue today…which really is nothing new at this time of year. Yes, I should be happy and dancing ajug being NED  but….but during the season from Thanksgiving to mid Jaunary I go through a funk…

It was Thanksgiving in 1978 my mom went to the hospital for the last time with cervical cancer and died Dec 18…they buried her on the 23rd…She was 45.

I am blue today…which really is nothing new at this time of year. Yes, I should be happy and dancing ajug being NED  but….but during the season from Thanksgiving to mid Jaunary I go through a funk…

It was Thanksgiving in 1978 my mom went to the hospital for the last time with cervical cancer and died Dec 18…they buried her on the 23rd…She was 45.

It was Thanksgiving in 1998 my son went to the hospital for the last time with Desmoplastic  Small Round Cell Sarcoma and died on January 16th..He was 16. My son said he was going to come home the first day it snowed..when.they took his body from the hospital to the funeral home we had our first snow…

Aw this sucks…I think its nap time again

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carmon in NM
        Participant

I'm so sorry you have been given such strong associations of loss for this time of year. Many people struggle through the holidays during the best of times and I can't imagine how hard it must be to add the loss of two such young people who were an intimate part of your life.

My best wishes to you that you find a way to make the holidays a time of celebration of their lives and the love that you shared with them. I am sure they would be celebrating and dancing for joy about your NED status so maybe do that little happy dance as a way of sharing that with them in spirit. I know I'll get up and do a little happy dance for you right now!

Carmon

JuleFL
            Participant
              Carmon, your response is beautiful. You just made me feel better as I go through the holidays without my husband for the first time.

Thank you,

Jule, Cal’s wife

JuleFL
              Participant
                Carmon, your response is beautiful. You just made me feel better as I go through the holidays without my husband for the first time.

Thank you,

Jule, Cal’s wife

Carmon in NM
              Participant

I'm so sorry you have been given such strong associations of loss for this time of year. Many people struggle through the holidays during the best of times and I can't imagine how hard it must be to add the loss of two such young people who were an intimate part of your life.

My best wishes to you that you find a way to make the holidays a time of celebration of their lives and the love that you shared with them. I am sure they would be celebrating and dancing for joy about your NED status so maybe do that little happy dance as a way of sharing that with them in spirit. I know I'll get up and do a little happy dance for you right now!

Carmon

JuleFL
                Participant
                  Lynn, I wish you the best life can give you from now on.
                  Jule
                  JuleFL
                  Participant
                    Lynn, I wish you the best life can give you from now on.
                    Jule
                    Sherron
                    Participant

I too, am having an extremely hard time right now.  I just lost my husband on Nov 30, 2010….Our 43rd would have been on Dec 4th…..We had a beautiful life, I am just so incredibly sad and lonely.  I miss him so much…And there is way to much for me to do or handle.  Feel llike I climbing mountains, and sliding right back down.  So, please know you are not alone in your pain.  I pray things get better for all of us.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                      Participant

I too, am having an extremely hard time right now.  I just lost my husband on Nov 30, 2010….Our 43rd would have been on Dec 4th…..We had a beautiful life, I am just so incredibly sad and lonely.  I miss him so much…And there is way to much for me to do or handle.  Feel llike I climbing mountains, and sliding right back down.  So, please know you are not alone in your pain.  I pray things get better for all of us.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

ValinMtl
                        Participant

Hi Lynn, I can well understand how you must feel about your mother.  I lost my mother on December 13th two years ago…she had a fall 4 years earlier with brain damage and deteriorated through those years.  It's a tough time of a year for me as well. But to lose your son so young, I can't fathom the loss, it breaks my heart just reading about it, I'm so sorry for you.  But I do know you have a wonderful husband who gives you the support you so need, savour this.  Val 

ValinMtl
                          Participant

Hi Lynn, I can well understand how you must feel about your mother.  I lost my mother on December 13th two years ago…she had a fall 4 years earlier with brain damage and deteriorated through those years.  It's a tough time of a year for me as well. But to lose your son so young, I can't fathom the loss, it breaks my heart just reading about it, I'm so sorry for you.  But I do know you have a wonderful husband who gives you the support you so need, savour this.  Val 

Viewing 7 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics