The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cancer moonshot 2020

Forums General Melanoma Community Cancer moonshot 2020

Participant

I'm curious to have your impressions on this endeavor and on the current and available test called gps cancer.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        debwray
        Participant

http://www.gpscancer.com/

http://www.cancermoonshot2020.org/press-releases/gps-cancer-commercial-availability

Looks like some medical insurers will cover cost., but have no idea about this andmelanoma, but have put up links so easy for others to follow what is under consideration.

ps- how are you doing ? Are you watching and waiting or still looking for stage 3 treatment ?

Deb

SOLE
            Participant

Deb,

thanks for asking about me. I think I will resort to interferon even though I'm 3-4 months out of surgery. My onc said its too late but frankly I don't know how he comes to that conclusion. 

The waiting game is hard for me. And even if my dec scans were all clear (except a prostate hypertrophia an increased PSA and some manly problems… as if mel was not enough) I still struggle everyday. Maybe medically doing something will help, I dont know. The holidays have been the worst ever in all aspects of my life. Girlfriend and I aren't in sync anymore, didn't get to see my daughter because she was not comfortable with me… Crabs destroy lives. Mine is almost leveled at the moment. And I'm not even stage 4 … So I'll stop my whining here. Starting new meds for depression this morning. 

I try not to come here too often because I collapse reading what is happening to everyone of us. 

Hope your doing ok Deb.

Everyone is in my prayers.

debwray
              Participant

Hi Sole,

Must admit I felt better doing something at stage 3 – even though in the end all I was doing was a placebo as part of the trial Keynote 54.

Staying away might be a good idea for now- I'm watching as wondering what might come next and trying to understand ipi nivo side effects. Due for a scanxiety weekend – but trying to take avoidance measures by building in some fun. 

Hope the depression meds help  but fresh air and  excercise are also helpful and might give benefits before the drugs kick in ?

Sorry to hear you are fighting battles on multiple fronts..  here's hoping for a change in your luck…you are due a break.

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
                Participant

Hi Sole,

Must admit I felt better doing something at stage 3 – even though in the end all I was doing was a placebo as part of the trial Keynote 54.

Staying away might be a good idea for now- I'm watching as wondering what might come next and trying to understand ipi nivo side effects. Due for a scanxiety weekend – but trying to take avoidance measures by building in some fun. 

Hope the depression meds help  but fresh air and  excercise are also helpful and might give benefits before the drugs kick in ?

Sorry to hear you are fighting battles on multiple fronts..  here's hoping for a change in your luck…you are due a break.

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
                  Participant

Hi Sole,

Best wishes

Deb

SOLE
                    Participant

Deb,

thanks for asking about me. I think I will resort to interferon even though I'm 3-4 months out of surgery. My onc said its too late but frankly I don't know how he comes to that conclusion. 

The waiting game is hard for me. And even if my dec scans were all clear (except a prostate hypertrophia an increased PSA and some manly problems… as if mel was not enough) I still struggle everyday. Maybe medically doing something will help, I dont know. The holidays have been the worst ever in all aspects of my life. Girlfriend and I aren't in sync anymore, didn't get to see my daughter because she was not comfortable with me… Crabs destroy lives. Mine is almost leveled at the moment. And I'm not even stage 4 … So I'll stop my whining here. Starting new meds for depression this morning. 

I try not to come here too often because I collapse reading what is happening to everyone of us. 

Hope your doing ok Deb.

SOLE
                      Participant

Deb,

Hope your doing ok Deb.

debwray
                      Participant

http://www.cancermoonshot2020.org/press-releases/gps-cancer-commercial-availability

Looks like some medical insurers will cover cost., but have no idea about this andmelanoma, but have put up links so easy for others to follow what is under consideration.

ps- how are you doing ? Are you watching and waiting or still looking for stage 3 treatment ?

Deb

debwray
                        Participant

Deb

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics