The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Can this leukemia research be turned into treatments for other cancers?

Forums General Melanoma Community Can this leukemia research be turned into treatments for other cancers?

• Replies
      MichaelFL
      Participant

Great story. I hope it is true and not buried somewhere in the desert.

Many comments too. I like this one the best:

This research is not funded because pharmaceutical companies stand to make more money on patients who received treatment for years, as opposed to a patient receiving one shot and going into remissions. That is the answer.

Michael

MichaelFL
          Participant

Wow! 30 more comments in the time it took me to write two.

MariaH
            Participant

Let's hope it is true!!

MariaH
              Participant

Let's hope it is true!!

MichaelFL
                Participant

Wow! 30 more comments in the time it took me to write two.

JakeinNY
                  Participant

Certainly an interesting comment.

JakeinNY
                    Participant

Certainly an interesting comment.

MichaelFL
                    Participant

Great story. I hope it is true and not buried somewhere in the desert.

Many comments too. I like this one the best:

This research is not funded because pharmaceutical companies stand to make more money on patients who received treatment for years, as opposed to a patient receiving one shot and going into remissions. That is the answer.

Michael

James from Sydney
                      Participant

thanks Jake for posting this. It sounds a bit like the TIL process that NCI does for Melanoma except for one thing they have established a way to multiply the number of white blood cells in your body! not in the Lab. Come on Scientists share the knowledge imagine how successful TIL would be if your white cells kept multiplying within your body!

Maybe i misread the article but this is monumental stuff but with all science it must be tested on a larger audience.best wishes

James

JakeinNY
                          Participant

Anytime James. It seems like an incredible breakthrough. Time will tell.

JakeinNY
                            Participant

Anytime James. It seems like an incredible breakthrough. Time will tell.

James from Sydney
                            Participant

thanks Jake for posting this. It sounds a bit like the TIL process that NCI does for Melanoma except for one thing they have established a way to multiply the number of white blood cells in your body! not in the Lab. Come on Scientists share the knowledge imagine how successful TIL would be if your white cells kept multiplying within your body!

Maybe i misread the article but this is monumental stuff but with all science it must be tested on a larger audience.best wishes

James

Viewing 3 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics