The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Buttock pain from subQs does it feel like a sore muscle?

Forums General Melanoma Community Buttock pain from subQs does it feel like a sore muscle?

Participant

My husband received his last ipi treatment at the end of September we have gone back for CT and MRI all tumors are shrinking some brain mets do not show up.

My husband received his last ipi treatment at the end of September we have gone back for CT and MRI all tumors are shrinking some brain mets do not show up. We do not go back to Houston until November 21st for another CT and MRI.  So the last couple of weeks have been great, Mickey (my husband) has been more active working longer hours and back to golfing.  Today he is defending his club champion title and I am so happy for him that he feels good enough to play.  So this week he has been complaining of pain in his left buttock.  When he sits to relax or getting out of vehicle he is stiff and hurts when he takes a few steps.  He said it feels a better and swears it is a muscle.  After searching I am concerned.  I will call Dr tomorrow but can anyone tell me if it feels like a sore muscle?

Thanks

SStamps

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

I understand why you are going to worry about every ache and pain your husband has but honestly it sound like maybe he has been over doing it.  With his new found feeling og health and energy it would be easy to over do.  It wouldn't hurt to call the doctor but I thing you husband is really the only one that can describe the pain.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

I understand why you are going to worry about every ache and pain your husband has but honestly it sound like maybe he has been over doing it.  With his new found feeling og health and energy it would be easy to over do.  It wouldn't hurt to call the doctor but I thing you husband is really the only one that can describe the pain.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
            Participant

Mary

Stage 3

Fen
              Participant

If he is doing more than he has in the past, it could easily be a muscular thing.  How old is he?  Could he have sustained a minor injury that is now causing him some pain?  Of course you should talk to the dr., but for tonight think of your post "…has been more active and back to golfing".    Hoping it is  muscular!

Fen

SStamps
                  Participant

Hi Fen

My Husband is 49 and hasn't been as active since Febuary. He can't remember anything he did to make him sore.  He tried hot bath that only makes the ipi rash worse! I have called his Dr should hear from them tommorrow so we are just enjoying the daysmiley

Samantha

mombase
                    Participant

Hi, Samantha,

I brought a pain issue to my oncologist this morning as I was about to get my second infusion. A few days ago, I started getting a pretty severe, deep pain beneath my right armpit and extending to the area beneath my right shoulder blade. Nothing seems to help it, however I want to save pain medication for post-surgical use. My onc said that the ipi is going to inflame joints and nerves and cause little aches and pains. He said not to worry about it, but to call any time I have any symptoms out of the ordinary, no matter how small they seem (I had told him I didn't want to be a bother about calling his nurse every time I had a little ache or pain). This really set me at ease.

I guess the bottom line is expect little aches and pains, but make them known to the oncology department!  Blessings to you and your husband, and may those nasty itches go away!! 

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                      Participant

Hi, Samantha,

I brought a pain issue to my oncologist this morning as I was about to get my second infusion. A few days ago, I started getting a pretty severe, deep pain beneath my right armpit and extending to the area beneath my right shoulder blade. Nothing seems to help it, however I want to save pain medication for post-surgical use. My onc said that the ipi is going to inflame joints and nerves and cause little aches and pains. He said not to worry about it, but to call any time I have any symptoms out of the ordinary, no matter how small they seem (I had told him I didn't want to be a bother about calling his nurse every time I had a little ache or pain). This really set me at ease.

I guess the bottom line is expect little aches and pains, but make them known to the oncology department!  Blessings to you and your husband, and may those nasty itches go away!! 

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                        Participant

Hi, Samantha,

Cristy, Stage IV

SStamps
                          Participant

Hi Fen

My Husband is 49 and hasn't been as active since Febuary. He can't remember anything he did to make him sore.  He tried hot bath that only makes the ipi rash worse! I have called his Dr should hear from them tommorrow so we are just enjoying the daysmiley

Samantha

SStamps
                            Participant

Hi Fen

Samantha

Fen
                            Participant

If he is doing more than he has in the past, it could easily be a muscular thing.  How old is he?  Could he have sustained a minor injury that is now causing him some pain?  Of course you should talk to the dr., but for tonight think of your post "…has been more active and back to golfing".    Hoping it is  muscular!

Fen

Fen
                              Participant

Fen

FormerCaregiver
                                Participant

Welcome to our forum. I have just read your husband's profile and see that he has had a brain tumour removed recently. In addition, he has mets in the left lung and on a rib.

The pain could be due to a number of possible causes such as a muscle strain, a bruise, nerve pain, or it may be due to melanoma. There is no way to tell without having the problem medically evaluated. Therefore, I think that it would be wise for him to consult his oncologist soon.

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                  Participant

Welcome to our forum. I have just read your husband's profile and see that he has had a brain tumour removed recently. In addition, he has mets in the left lung and on a rib.

The pain could be due to a number of possible causes such as a muscle strain, a bruise, nerve pain, or it may be due to melanoma. There is no way to tell without having the problem medically evaluated. Therefore, I think that it would be wise for him to consult his oncologist soon.

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

boot2aboot
                                      Participant

i have them, but no pain

boot2aboot
                                        Participant

i have them, but no pain

boot2aboot
                                          Participant

i have them, but no pain

FormerCaregiver
                                          Participant

Hope this helps.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics