The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bumps on Forehead Zelboraf and Whole Brain Radiation

Forums General Melanoma Community Bumps on Forehead Zelboraf and Whole Brain Radiation

Participant

My husband has finished whole brain radiation for 17 brain lesions and is being treated with zelboraf for approximately 30 liver lesions and 12 lung nodules.  The zelboraf started in early Sept and the radiation began about a week later for 10 days.  His head was very sensitive to the radiation and he got the normal redness, itching, and discoloration.  However, now he has developed a very bumpy surface on his forehead.  Doctors haven't seen that reaction before, but think it is because of the zelboraf making the skin more sensitive to the radiati

My husband has finished whole brain radiation for 17 brain lesions and is being treated with zelboraf for approximately 30 liver lesions and 12 lung nodules.  The zelboraf started in early Sept and the radiation began about a week later for 10 days.  His head was very sensitive to the radiation and he got the normal redness, itching, and discoloration.  However, now he has developed a very bumpy surface on his forehead.  Doctors haven't seen that reaction before, but think it is because of the zelboraf making the skin more sensitive to the radiation.  Does anyone have experience with this type of rash or skin problem? We are currently using Eucerin on the surface of the forehead.  By the way, he is responding well to the Zelboraf.  Nodules in lungs almost gone.  Liver lesions have shrunk a lot and liver is back to normal size.  Brain lesions have shrunk significantly and there are no new lesions anywhere.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

I am on Zelboraf also.  I also have the same problems with the bumps all over my face.  First I had a rash that was itching all over my back so he took me off of the zel till it went away.  I was already on dex because of brain mets that had been bleeding and he increased the mgs. I saw him a few days later and saw that I had these bumps on my face. He had an appointment for me with a dermatologist that had worked with several patients with zel.  I've now had a few appointments because I have these constantly on my face.  They biopsied a few to be sure and they were all warts.  They have also frozen off some of them.  I had to be off the zel a few weeks ago because I had a root canal.  During that time they got smaller.  

Now I've gotten heard that some bet very red bumps that are very painful.  I've gotten 2 of them so far but thankfully one of them disappeared.  

My dermatologist knows that I can easily get an appointment when needed. Your husband needs to see a derm that has worked with patients with zel.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

I am on Zelboraf also.  I also have the same problems with the bumps all over my face.  First I had a rash that was itching all over my back so he took me off of the zel till it went away.  I was already on dex because of brain mets that had been bleeding and he increased the mgs. I saw him a few days later and saw that I had these bumps on my face. He had an appointment for me with a dermatologist that had worked with several patients with zel.  I've now had a few appointments because I have these constantly on my face.  They biopsied a few to be sure and they were all warts.  They have also frozen off some of them.  I had to be off the zel a few weeks ago because I had a root canal.  During that time they got smaller.  

Now I've gotten heard that some bet very red bumps that are very painful.  I've gotten 2 of them so far but thankfully one of them disappeared.  

My dermatologist knows that I can easily get an appointment when needed. Your husband needs to see a derm that has worked with patients with zel.

Linda

lhaley
            Participant

Linda

SidneyGracie
              Participant

Thank you Linda.  My husband has an appointment with his dermatologist on Monday and the oncologist on Tuesday so we will see what they say.  So far the bumps (and there are a lot on forehead and now back of head) are confined to skin that was in the field of radiation.

SidneyGracie
                Participant

Thank you Linda.  My husband has an appointment with his dermatologist on Monday and the oncologist on Tuesday so we will see what they say.  So far the bumps (and there are a lot on forehead and now back of head) are confined to skin that was in the field of radiation.

SidneyGracie
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics