The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bumps all over? PLEASE HELP!

Forums General Melanoma Community Bumps all over? PLEASE HELP!

Participant
      Hello.
      My father has Stage 4 Melanoma and Leptomeningeal Disease. He started on Tafinlar and Mekinist the end of March and responded amazingly on them. Had very little side effects and it drastically decreased the amount of cancer in my dad’s body – even with a clean PET in June. This October he started going downhill again. Fatigue, weight loss, loss of appetite, and started getting little bumps all over his chest, back, neck, and groin. They are everywhere. We brought him to his doctor, he never actually sees his oncologist, just the PA, and she had no idea what they were. She said let’s see what his PET shows. They never administered these drugs before, so are very unfamiliar with them. The lumps are growing and spreading. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Please help.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant
          Hi – are the bumps like hives? My husband has been on Tafinlar since 2013 and had several episodes of hives like bumps (slightly raised/red/round) breakout on his torso and arms/legs. Usually accompanied by other side effects – low blood pressure/fever/etc. Typically took a short break from Tafinlar until they cleared up. This hasn’t happened in several years as his body has adjusted to the drug.. I still keep a watch for them since it usually was the first sign of trouble!

Ann

mrhubahuba
            Participant
              I was on a similar braf drug (braftovi and Mektovi) and developed mini skin tags all over my torso. Dr said it was just side effect of drugs and they didn’t bother me. The problem was I also broke out in hives all over which caused crazy urge to itch. The meds also caused spike in AST and alt levels so doctor switched me to tafinlar aand mekinist, first dose is today actually. Good luck to your husband!
            gopher38
            Participant
              I had hives too, six months after ending opdivo. Doctor also didn’t know what was causing it, asking about new detergents, etc.. I’m hoping that it’s continued activity of opdivo in my system, but I really don’t know. I’ve read that liver problems (which can come from various sources, including cancer) can manifest itself in hives also. When I started on the combo recently, I then had itching to add to the hives. They gave me some triamcinolone acetonide cream, which alleviated (but didn’t completely eliminate) both.
              Nympha
              Participant
                Hello there.
                My father is in the same situation. Absolutely the same. Started on march with taf / mek.. Worked well and on October his bumbs started to qrow.. He has many of them..
                Our oncologist offered him chemo.. He says immunotherapy wont work for him.. But I am not sure about what he says… I am very curious what will help to your father.. We dont know what to do.. We visit also one another oncologist and she offered us immunotherapy.

Type to google cutaneous metastasis melanoma in images

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics