The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Buddy – Update

Forums General Melanoma Community Buddy – Update

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Buddy is in rehab now after his fall last Sunday morning at 3AM.  He was in hospital 3 days, transported to rehab center-which is closely  akin to a nursing home to me.  Anyway, his physical therapy is going fine.  He is sitting up now, couldn't before and he's transferrring from bed to wheelchair with effort.

Buddy is in rehab now after his fall last Sunday morning at 3AM.  He was in hospital 3 days, transported to rehab center-which is closely  akin to a nursing home to me.  Anyway, his physical therapy is going fine.  He is sitting up now, couldn't before and he's transferrring from bed to wheelchair with effort.

My "now" concern, as opposed my 'now " concern later, =they are all important to me–Buddy's bowels are empacked-there is a large tumor which lays just beside the anus and is making the opening smaller.  We are trying a suposidory this evening.  Is the bowel empackment made worse by the tumore–its about the size of a golf ball-should I see about getting this tumor taken out of there, or try eminta – it's a rather dirty place, and I'll afraid of infection – are some suppostoris better than other? 

For those who have so graciously followed Buddy through this juorney, he had taken the frist 2 doses of IPI in Philadelphia, tolerated well, but those darn old brain mets returned.  He is on steroids now to reduce the swelling of the brain.  He is on 4mg every6 hours.  He is on the IPPI trial, which has stated they would allow only the low dose decatron for their trial.  His scheduled IPPI treatment woud be this coming Tuesday>

Some of the tumors have gotten smaller, but most have gotten larger.  Most of them are truning purple in color.

Can anyone suggust what we could do ?  The melanoma has met to the lungs, the liver and the brain.

Thanks fo all who reply – It;s been a busy week here in Maryland!

Nancy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics