The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Buddy has gone into Hospice

Forums General Melanoma Community Buddy has gone into Hospice

Participant

Hello All,

I just recieved a call from Buddy's wife Nancy.  After a month in John's Hopkins Buddy has entered hospice where he is resting comfortably.  Please send your thoughts and prayers to Buddy, Nancy and their family. 

Nancy posted here and at the old site frequently, recently the care of Buddy and the family orchards have required all of her time and energy. 

Hello All,

I just recieved a call from Buddy's wife Nancy.  After a month in John's Hopkins Buddy has entered hospice where he is resting comfortably.  Please send your thoughts and prayers to Buddy, Nancy and their family. 

Nancy posted here and at the old site frequently, recently the care of Buddy and the family orchards have required all of her time and energy. 

I'll forward all posts to Nancy.  Also, if you'd like to send an email to Nancy please send it to me at [email protected] and I'll forward it off to her.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Laurie from maine
        Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  I am so sorry.  My prayers are with them.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
          Participant

Thank you for letting us know.  I am so sorry.  My prayers are with them.

laurie from maine

EricNJill
            Participant

Oh no, I just can't believe this.   I'm so sorry to hear this.  I've been wondering why I hadn't heard from her on Facebook.  Thanks for the update.

Jill N Eric in OH

EricNJill
              Participant

Oh no, I just can't believe this.   I'm so sorry to hear this.  I've been wondering why I hadn't heard from her on Facebook.  Thanks for the update.

Jill N Eric in OH

ValinMtl
                Participant

So sorry to hear this Jerry.  I pray that Buddy is kept comfortable and that Nancy has much support during this very difficult time.  Val

ValinMtl
                  Participant

So sorry to hear this Jerry.  I pray that Buddy is kept comfortable and that Nancy has much support during this very difficult time.  Val

Jill and Eric in Fl
                    Participant

Prayers for Buddy and family, there are no words that can make this any easier but will keep them in my prayers

Jill in Fl

Jill and Eric in Fl
                      Participant

Prayers for Buddy and family, there are no words that can make this any easier but will keep them in my prayers

Jill in Fl

lhaley
                        Participant

Jerry,

Thank you for letting us know. I haven't heard from Nancy for awhile and was getting concerned. They have both fought this disease with all they had. 

I hate this beast with all of my heart. It is tearing so many up.

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

Jerry,

Thank you for letting us know. I haven't heard from Nancy for awhile and was getting concerned. They have both fought this disease with all they had. 

I hate this beast with all of my heart. It is tearing so many up.

Linda

Cate
                            Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope Buddy can rest comfortably and know first hand that Hospice is the way to go.  They truly are angels.

Cate
                              Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope Buddy can rest comfortably and know first hand that Hospice is the way to go.  They truly are angels.

JuleFL
                                Participant

Sending prayers for comfort and peace to Buddy, Nancy and family.  Thank you for letting us know.

Jule

JuleFL
                                  Participant

Sending prayers for comfort and peace to Buddy, Nancy and family.  Thank you for letting us know.

Jule

jag
                                    Participant

Man, that sucks.  I hope Buddy can somehow hang on long enough to have peace, and pray that he and Nancy will enjoy  their time together.

Best

John

jag
                                      Participant

Man, that sucks.  I hope Buddy can somehow hang on long enough to have peace, and pray that he and Nancy will enjoy  their time together.

Best

John

Sharyn
                                        Participant

Such sadness! My thoughts and prayers are with both Buddy and Nancy, wishing them peace and comfort as they travel the worst part of this journey.

Warm comforting hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                          Participant

Such sadness! My thoughts and prayers are with both Buddy and Nancy, wishing them peace and comfort as they travel the worst part of this journey.

Warm comforting hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics