The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brents new mek/chemo update

Forums General Melanoma Community Brents new mek/chemo update

Participant

He was on Mek alone for over 14 months and was stable after a 25% reduction.  In Feb. he increased in two tumors by 23% and was removed from that MEk alone trial.  He had his first infusion of the Pemetrexed chemo a week ago along with a dose amount of 1.5 mg of MEK .

We want you to know that he feels that the discomfort he was feeling at the end of the Mek alone trial is much better.  Brent is BRAF negative and negative for all the mutations that MDA has to ability to screen. 

He was on Mek alone for over 14 months and was stable after a 25% reduction.  In Feb. he increased in two tumors by 23% and was removed from that MEk alone trial.  He had his first infusion of the Pemetrexed chemo a week ago along with a dose amount of 1.5 mg of MEK .

We want you to know that he feels that the discomfort he was feeling at the end of the Mek alone trial is much better.  Brent is BRAF negative and negative for all the mutations that MDA has to ability to screen. 

The side effects from the Pemetrexed chemo is mild.  Slight flu like feeling and some fatique.  Pemetrexed is a chemo use for lung cancer. 

God Bless you all and each one of you are important to us.  Just knowing you are there helps us know we are not alone.

Sharon

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rocklove
        Participant

So glad things are going so smooth Sharon. Looking forward to catching up with You and Brent this week.

We Love You Two…

Rocky

Terra
            Participant

I wish you both well and look forward to hearing good news on your first scans.

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Dear Sharon and Brent,

So very glad to hear this news; hoping for progress in eradicating the beast as you go full steam ahead and wishing you both good news with the upcoming scans…keep up the good work!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                Participant

Dear Sharon and Brent,

So very glad to hear this news; hoping for progress in eradicating the beast as you go full steam ahead and wishing you both good news with the upcoming scans…keep up the good work!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Terra
                  Participant

I wish you both well and look forward to hearing good news on your first scans.

Rocklove
                  Participant

So glad things are going so smooth Sharon. Looking forward to catching up with You and Brent this week.

We Love You Two…

Rocky

King
                    Participant

Hi Sharon,

I see this was posted a few days ago so I hope Brent is still feeling okay.  Just curious..what was his MEK dose when he was in the MEK alone trial?  And I didn't realize that he was having discomfort at the end of the MEK trial. 🙁

Thinking of you both (and Rocky, too, if he is there).  Keep us posted.

Stay Strong
                      Kathie

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Hi Sharon,

I see this was posted a few days ago so I hope Brent is still feeling okay.  Just curious..what was his MEK dose when he was in the MEK alone trial?  And I didn't realize that he was having discomfort at the end of the MEK trial. 🙁

Thinking of you both (and Rocky, too, if he is there).  Keep us posted.

Stay Strong
                        Kathie

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics