The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Breaking Tolerance to Invoke an Immune Response to Cancer (Melanoma)

Forums General Melanoma Community Breaking Tolerance to Invoke an Immune Response to Cancer (Melanoma)

Participant

This post has been in the works for five years. It is with my tenacity and help from researchers around the world I am able to present this paper. It is still in draft form but I thought was important enough to just get it out there. It may be to technical for the average person/patient but, it is well worth downloading and presenting to your oncologist and or medical team.

This post has been in the works for five years. It is with my tenacity and help from researchers around the world I am able to present this paper. It is still in draft form but I thought was important enough to just get it out there. It may be to technical for the average person/patient but, it is well worth downloading and presenting to your oncologist and or medical team.

The gist of the paper is we have responders and non-responders to therapy. WHY?? with the help of Four on the most influential researchers in the Melanoma field, Dr. Craig Slingluff, Dr. Thomas Gajewski, Dr.Kingston Mills, Dr. Jim Allison and others, I was able to put some puzzle pieces together to tell a story. A story that may just save your life

In short, the non-responders may be/are missing the "Danger Signals" inflammatory Cytokines. Why, because their tumors are most likely harboring M2 phenotype macrophages (TAMs) Tumor assisted Macrophages.

But these TAMs have plasticity. This means they can change phenotype based on their miroenviroment. With some coaxing they can be change into M1 macrophages which in turn actiavate the T-cells. This means the patient needs to have therapies that promote M1 and Th1 cells. Well both Dr. Allison and Dr. Mills have discovered ways to do just that.

Please take some time to download and read this historic paper. It just may be the game changer for cancer.

https://www.box.net/s/mzxb1b2o0tue44a3z3xo

I am going end with one slide.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”

~Charles Darwin~
      Take Care,
      Jimmy B

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        James from Sydney
        Participant

thanks Jimmy, i will pass this on to someone i know at The Melanoma Institute. 

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
          Participant

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
            Participant

best wishes

James

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Jimmy, thank you for your groundbreaking efforts to provide solutions to an intricate puzzle. I know that it is not easy to get people to take notice of the work that one has been doing. A long time ago, I wrote extensively about an unrelated health topic and it is only recently that the concepts that I discussed have been accepted.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Jimmy, thank you for your groundbreaking efforts to provide solutions to an intricate puzzle. I know that it is not easy to get people to take notice of the work that one has been doing. A long time ago, I wrote extensively about an unrelated health topic and it is only recently that the concepts that I discussed have been accepted.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

Tracy Seattle
                    Participant
                      Wondering how this information can be used now? I was a non-responder to Ipilumamab and recently read an interview given by Allison. In the interview, they asked him why he thought some people were responders and others were not. My take of what he said (can’t find the article right now) was that you needed some type of cell death to create inflammation which in turn would help the immune system recognize the tumor or cancer. I took the article to my oncologist and she didn’t really seem to have an idea on what to do with the information. It’s frustrating to say the least. My treatment options are somewhat limited as I am not HLA positive. Starting to look to alternatives but I would be interested in perusing this avenue if you have any suggestions on how to do so.
                        boot2aboot
                        Participant

thanks Jimmy

boots

boot2aboot
                          Participant

thanks Jimmy

boots

boot2aboot
                            Participant

thanks Jimmy

boots

Tracy Seattle
                            Participant
                              Wondering how this information can be used now? I was a non-responder to Ipilumamab and recently read an interview given by Allison. In the interview, they asked him why he thought some people were responders and others were not. My take of what he said (can’t find the article right now) was that you needed some type of cell death to create inflammation which in turn would help the immune system recognize the tumor or cancer. I took the article to my oncologist and she didn’t really seem to have an idea on what to do with the information. It’s frustrating to say the least. My treatment options are somewhat limited as I am not HLA positive. Starting to look to alternatives but I would be interested in perusing this avenue if you have any suggestions on how to do so.
                              Tracy Seattle
                              Participant
                            Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics