The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain surgery went fine

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain surgery went fine

Participant
      Its been a while since I have been on here to update you all. But it has been a hard few weeks in the hospital. I finally got to go home on Monday. I decided to do a part of a clinical trial called Bendamustine , I had to have 3 IV infusions before the brain surgery , then after the last infusion I had to go directly to surgery.. So far so good very little sideeffectrs But still particially blind because of the tumor, but the dr. seems to think that my sight willl return, but if not I am ok with that as long as I am alive to raise my kids.

Its been a while since I have been on here to update you all. But it has been a hard few weeks in the hospital. I finally got to go home on Monday. I decided to do a part of a clinical trial called Bendamustine , I had to have 3 IV infusions before the brain surgery , then after the last infusion I had to go directly to surgery.. So far so good very little sideeffectrs But still particially blind because of the tumor, but the dr. seems to think that my sight willl return, but if not I am ok with that as long as I am alive to raise my kids. They put my IPPI on hold untill after the radiation on the brain then I should be back to that. Lets pray that the 2 IPPI will cure my lung mets so I can work on this brain now . Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Also I am sorry for all the miss spellings but I cant see to well LOL

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        cltml
        Participant

Home on Monday after brain surgey and posting on Wednesday.  That's not bad!  I think we can do with a few mispelled words in order to learn from your experience.  Thanks for taking the time to give us an update.  Congrats on the successful surgey and keep us up-to-date as best you can.

cltml

cltml
          Participant

Home on Monday after brain surgey and posting on Wednesday.  That's not bad!  I think we can do with a few mispelled words in order to learn from your experience.  Thanks for taking the time to give us an update.  Congrats on the successful surgey and keep us up-to-date as best you can.

cltml

cltml
            Participant

cltml

Maxximom
              Participant

Elaine.. I am so glad that you are back home and that your brain surgery is over.It sounds like you are doing very well. I am sure that your sight will return soon. I wish I could make the type here bigger..but I did use Bold type. I can't use bad eyesight as a excuse for my bad spelling or typing..LOLI am sorry that we didn't meet up while you were here in Columbus.. but please let me know when you come again and if I can be of anyt help to you..I mean it!!!!I had to see Dr Kendra today as I have had really severe Diarrhea since my last Ippi last Thursday and for a few days just before.. I am on Prednisone now.. but I will start a seperate thread about this so I don't hijack your news.Just try and recover now and enjoy your family.

Joan

Maxximom
                Participant

Elaine.. I am so glad that you are back home and that your brain surgery is over.It sounds like you are doing very well. I am sure that your sight will return soon. I wish I could make the type here bigger..but I did use Bold type. I can't use bad eyesight as a excuse for my bad spelling or typing..LOLI am sorry that we didn't meet up while you were here in Columbus.. but please let me know when you come again and if I can be of anyt help to you..I mean it!!!!I had to see Dr Kendra today as I have had really severe Diarrhea since my last Ippi last Thursday and for a few days just before.. I am on Prednisone now.. but I will start a seperate thread about this so I don't hijack your news.Just try and recover now and enjoy your family.

Joan

Maxximom
                  Participant

Joan

lhaley
                    Participant

I'm glad that you are home and hope that your vision comes back soon.  

Can you explain what Bendamustine is with this trial?    I did the radiation first and then the surgery.  Mine was done this way because of the depth of tumor.

Linda 

lhaley
                      Participant

Can you explain what Bendamustine is with this trial?    I did the radiation first and then the surgery.  Mine was done this way because of the depth of tumor.

Linda 

lhaley
                        Participant

Linda 

aldakota22
                          Participant

You have been through a lot recently.Great that the dr thinks your eyesight will return.Praying that it does and that  your condition only gets better and better.  Keep us updated  Al

NYKaren
                              Participant
                                I hope all goes well. You have a great attitude.
                                Please keep us posted.
                                All the best,
                                karen
                                NYKaren
                                Participant
                                  Please keep us posted.
                                  All the best,
                                  karen
                                  NYKaren
                                  Participant
                                    Please keep us posted.
                                    All the best,
                                    karen
                                  aldakota22
                                  Participant

You have been through a lot recently.Great that the dr thinks your eyesight will return.Praying that it does and that  your condition only gets better and better.  Keep us updated  Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics