The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

brain part 2

Forums General Melanoma Community brain part 2

Participant

whew….. the hospital called with a new CT scan date.  This coming Friday (may 11th)  fingers crossed my brain is still there.  Hope everyone is fine and dandy.   KJ Loved your MOON SHOT  imagine if you will Cappi sort of superimposed in front howling like some beeeeegledawgs do.  what a shot that would be.

whew….. the hospital called with a new CT scan date.  This coming Friday (may 11th)  fingers crossed my brain is still there.  Hope everyone is fine and dandy.   KJ Loved your MOON SHOT  imagine if you will Cappi sort of superimposed in front howling like some beeeeegledawgs do.  what a shot that would be.

I find it so very strange….you guys viewed the same moon at the same time as we did.  It shone into our bedroom kept the kitties all anxious.  ArCee is a werewolf I swear!  she chatters away.   Our ensuite has a sun/moon roof  and the beams just beam right in flooding the rooms.  But same moon, same sight.  Neat huh?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kimmer
        Participant

I am sure your brain is there…right as rain.  It is good to have it done sooner rather than later. 

Miss CappiDog was sound asleep, oblivious to the Super Moon that I was baying at whilst trying to take fuzzy pics…and the one that was keeping you awake.  That sounds pretty neat to have moonlight flooding into your room tho.  We made moonshine margaritas which seemed appropriate.   You can actually buy legal moonshine in SC, so we bought some because it isn't something you see everyday.

Cappi is awaiting a thunder storm now, safe and sound in her Thunder Shirt which is a thing to calm anxiety.  Poor little Darling, shakes and drools almost uncontrolled when it storms.  So far, so good.  Hope it works.

You take good care, Sweetness,

k.

Janner
            Participant

Do you think the Thunder Shirt works?  I've seen them and am curious.  My Macy is scared of almost everything:  people (especially kids), loud noises, anything that moves unexpectedly…  Just curious if you think something like that would make a difference in a more general sense or at times when she is overly stressed?  Let me know how it goes with Cappi…

qaz444
              Participant

cccccccccccc

qaz444
                Participant

cccccccccccc

qaz444
                  Participant

cccccccccccc

jag
                    Participant

It definitely does in some cases Janner, a better thing to do would be to stop beating her every day though.

Janner
                      Participant

Between the beatings… my cockapoo gets treats, rides in her car seat (water dish, personal fan), walks off leash, 2 dog doors (front deck, back yard), doggles, dog boots (for desert camping), cart adventures in Home Depot and local nurseries and the run of the home.  Unfortunately, she didn't get socialized as well as she could have while very young (living alone then and first dog) and she is just very shy/reserved/anxious/nervous.  All flight, no fight.  Rarely barks except when feeling good on home turf.  But she is perfect to me!  Just not sure if a Thunder shirt is of much use to a dog who is generally anxious.

๐Ÿ˜‰

jag
                        Participant

Oh, I see what you are saying, saw a Jack Russel like that yesterday.  High strung, breeder was going to show it, but fearful of everything.  Some dogs are just like that-same w/people.  That was Trout to a T.  The more you feed in to their trembling the more likely they are to get dramatic though.  Just ignore her and try to tire her out.  We had one for Buttercup, she was growler from the first time we got her (8weeks pretended  like she would attack us if we woke her up) and nervous-we are lucky though, since we treat the pet store animals virtually free, we get all of that stuff for free + the premium dog food which is definitely a waste.  She still does the fake "I'm so sorry, I'll never do it again" pose, when I lecture her for leaving the yard.  Now she is on to bigger and better things like chasing chipmunks and cats.  still hears the voices though, craps her pants if somebody is cooking on the stove, barks at random things on TV-we still use it once in a while when she really starts shaking and you can tell she is scared.   Biscuit on the other hand is literally Merry's satellite, he gets very stressed if he is more than 10 ft away from her.  Other than that, you could drop a bomb next door and he would probably sleep through it.  If he isn't on her leash when we go for a walk, he gets all out of whack and embarassingly whiny.

Janner
                          Participant

"Satellite". Good word.  I call Macy my shadow.  She sounds just like Biscuit.  We go desert camping and I never worry about Macy running away.  She'll explore, then look and check where I am and come back if I'm too far from her comfort zone.  She is extremely well behaved and is mostly normal in the house.  Likes adults on her terms (kids are too unpredictable), but she is always my shadow.  She never whines but retreats to her safe places (dog beds mostly) when stressed.  She rarely shakes at home, only at the vets or places she thinks are like the vets.  But if she is feeling unsure about noises or whatever, she'll retreat to a safe place/distance and not to me.  Loud noises are the worst.  She likes my contractor friend but he is too noisy.  She likes my husband, but she is still my dog and has to be by me.  At home, I'd probably rarely use the shirt.  It would be when she's exposed to lots of people and noises.  She's 8 years old now, and I doubt I can do much to change her.  For the most part, her shyness makes her more well behaved.  I just wish she would go up to people to meet and greet without having to sit on my foot first.  At least I never worry about her biting, it just isn't in her nature.  Dogs, gotta love them!  I certainly do mine!

Janner
                            Participant

"Satellite". Good word.  I call Macy my shadow.  She sounds just like Biscuit.  We go desert camping and I never worry about Macy running away.  She'll explore, then look and check where I am and come back if I'm too far from her comfort zone.  She is extremely well behaved and is mostly normal in the house.  Likes adults on her terms (kids are too unpredictable), but she is always my shadow.  She never whines but retreats to her safe places (dog beds mostly) when stressed.  She rarely shakes at home, only at the vets or places she thinks are like the vets.  But if she is feeling unsure about noises or whatever, she'll retreat to a safe place/distance and not to me.  Loud noises are the worst.  She likes my contractor friend but he is too noisy.  She likes my husband, but she is still my dog and has to be by me.  At home, I'd probably rarely use the shirt.  It would be when she's exposed to lots of people and noises.  She's 8 years old now, and I doubt I can do much to change her.  For the most part, her shyness makes her more well behaved.  I just wish she would go up to people to meet and greet without having to sit on my foot first.  At least I never worry about her biting, it just isn't in her nature.  Dogs, gotta love them!  I certainly do mine!

Janner
                              Participant

jag
                                Participant

Oh, I see what you are saying, saw a Jack Russel like that yesterday.  High strung, breeder was going to show it, but fearful of everything.  Some dogs are just like that-same w/people.  That was Trout to a T.  The more you feed in to their trembling the more likely they are to get dramatic though.  Just ignore her and try to tire her out.  We had one for Buttercup, she was growler from the first time we got her (8weeks pretended  like she would attack us if we woke her up) and nervous-we are lucky though, since we treat the pet store animals virtually free, we get all of that stuff for free + the premium dog food which is definitely a waste.  She still does the fake "I'm so sorry, I'll never do it again" pose, when I lecture her for leaving the yard.  Now she is on to bigger and better things like chasing chipmunks and cats.  still hears the voices though, craps her pants if somebody is cooking on the stove, barks at random things on TV-we still use it once in a while when she really starts shaking and you can tell she is scared.   Biscuit on the other hand is literally Merry's satellite, he gets very stressed if he is more than 10 ft away from her.  Other than that, you could drop a bomb next door and he would probably sleep through it.  If he isn't on her leash when we go for a walk, he gets all out of whack and embarassingly whiny.

jag
                                  Participant

Janner
                                    Participant

Between the beatings… my cockapoo gets treats, rides in her car seat (water dish, personal fan), walks off leash, 2 dog doors (front deck, back yard), doggles, dog boots (for desert camping), cart adventures in Home Depot and local nurseries and the run of the home.  Unfortunately, she didn't get socialized as well as she could have while very young (living alone then and first dog) and she is just very shy/reserved/anxious/nervous.  All flight, no fight.  Rarely barks except when feeling good on home turf.  But she is perfect to me!  Just not sure if a Thunder shirt is of much use to a dog who is generally anxious.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Janner
                                      Participant

๐Ÿ˜‰

jag
                                        Participant

It definitely does in some cases Janner, a better thing to do would be to stop beating her every day though.

jag
                                          Participant

Janner
                                            Participant

Do you think the Thunder Shirt works?  I've seen them and am curious.  My Macy is scared of almost everything:  people (especially kids), loud noises, anything that moves unexpectedly…  Just curious if you think something like that would make a difference in a more general sense or at times when she is overly stressed?  Let me know how it goes with Cappi…

Janner
                                              Participant

Kimmer
                                              Participant

I am sure your brain is there…right as rain.  It is good to have it done sooner rather than later. 

Miss CappiDog was sound asleep, oblivious to the Super Moon that I was baying at whilst trying to take fuzzy pics…and the one that was keeping you awake.  That sounds pretty neat to have moonlight flooding into your room tho.  We made moonshine margaritas which seemed appropriate.   You can actually buy legal moonshine in SC, so we bought some because it isn't something you see everyday.

Cappi is awaiting a thunder storm now, safe and sound in her Thunder Shirt which is a thing to calm anxiety.  Poor little Darling, shakes and drools almost uncontrolled when it storms.  So far, so good.  Hope it works.

k.

Kimmer
                                                Participant

k.

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics