The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain MRI Clear!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain MRI Clear!!

Participant

We always tell people that just because you have a new symptom it doesn't mean it's melanoma. Then it happens to you and automatically mel is the first thing I thought about.  I've been having headaches, lightheadedness, memory issues ect.  I did have a traumatic brain injury about 6 months ago but it had gotten better, then went back to issues again.  But, the MRI I had yesterday was clear!! 

I didn't realize how hard it was to admit to the oncologist that I was having problems. Denial was easier to deal with!

We always tell people that just because you have a new symptom it doesn't mean it's melanoma. Then it happens to you and automatically mel is the first thing I thought about.  I've been having headaches, lightheadedness, memory issues ect.  I did have a traumatic brain injury about 6 months ago but it had gotten better, then went back to issues again.  But, the MRI I had yesterday was clear!! 

I didn't realize how hard it was to admit to the oncologist that I was having problems. Denial was easier to deal with!

By the way, don't ever put a paper shredder on a top shelf. The motors do fall off when reaching to get it down!!  Even though I still don't feel great I am greatly relieved!

Linda

Stage IV  NED 1 month  PET scan Dec. 7th

Loading spinner
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Replies
      Wendi Lynn
      Participant

Linda,

So happy to hear such wonderful news!  NED continues!  Hoping that you feel better soon!  Congrats!

Wendi

Loading spinner
      Wendi Lynn
      Participant

Linda,

So happy to hear such wonderful news!  NED continues!  Hoping that you feel better soon!  Congrats!

Wendi

Loading spinner
      MaryMary73
      Participant

Congrats!!! Wishing you continued health yes

Loading spinner
      MaryMary73
      Participant

Congrats!!! Wishing you continued health yes

Loading spinner
      NicOz
      Participant

smiley <— that is what my head looks like right at this moment (although with a worse hairdo) So very happy to hear your news!!

Loading spinner
      NicOz
      Participant

smiley <— that is what my head looks like right at this moment (although with a worse hairdo) So very happy to hear your news!!

Loading spinner
      Bonnie Lea
      Participant

Linda such great news to read.  It is always hard to tell our onc's something else is happening, every bump, lump, weird feeling and I am so happy that you have a clear result.

Paper Shredder Knock Noggin tsk tsk  next time bottom shelf it.

Loading spinner
      Bonnie Lea
      Participant

Linda such great news to read.  It is always hard to tell our onc's something else is happening, every bump, lump, weird feeling and I am so happy that you have a clear result.

Paper Shredder Knock Noggin tsk tsk  next time bottom shelf it.

Loading spinner
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

sorry Linda…. once again I hit the wrong button.  Did not wish to be annon.   it is in a stupid place for a shunted one like me.  Sorry

I am   Bonnie Lea

Loading spinner
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

sorry Linda…. once again I hit the wrong button.  Did not wish to be annon.   it is in a stupid place for a shunted one like me.  Sorry

I am   Bonnie Lea

Loading spinner
        lhaley
        Participant

Bonnie,

I now don't reach for anything over my head!!!   I have no idea of why my husband put it on the top shelf!

Linda

Loading spinner
        lhaley
        Participant

Bonnie,

I now don't reach for anything over my head!!!   I have no idea of why my husband put it on the top shelf!

Linda

Loading spinner
      triciad
      Participant

Congratulations Linda!  Here's to many more negative results!!!!

Loading spinner
      triciad
      Participant

Congratulations Linda!  Here's to many more negative results!!!!

Loading spinner
      akls
      Participant

Linda,

So happy to hear your great news!  Congrats!

Amy S. in Michigan

Loading spinner
      akls
      Participant

Linda,

So happy to hear your great news!  Congrats!

Amy S. in Michigan

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

Linda!

Fantabulous!

Loading spinner
      dian in spokane
      Participant

Linda!

Fantabulous!

Loading spinner
      Rebecca and Bob
      Participant

Linda,

Great news! I hope everything stays NED for you!! I have been worried about my husband lately because he saying he feels sick and all I can think about is melanoma – even though 3 weeks ago he was told everything was clear, but you know how it goes.

Rebecca and Bob

Loading spinner
      Rebecca and Bob
      Participant

Linda,

Great news! I hope everything stays NED for you!! I have been worried about my husband lately because he saying he feels sick and all I can think about is melanoma – even though 3 weeks ago he was told everything was clear, but you know how it goes.

Rebecca and Bob

Loading spinner
      bcl
      Participant

What excellent news Linda!  And best of luck Dec 7th, hope to see NED two months and counting! 

Loading spinner
      bcl
      Participant

What excellent news Linda!  And best of luck Dec 7th, hope to see NED two months and counting! 

Loading spinner
      CarolA
      Participant

Linda,   You said it perfectly, about how we shouldn't think about melanoma and how, automatically, we all do!   I have been trying Janner's philosophy of waiting a week on suspicious feelings or sightings and that seems to have been working lately.  I'm happy for your clear MRI.    It's always good to hear good news.

CarolA

Loading spinner
      CarolA
      Participant

Linda,   You said it perfectly, about how we shouldn't think about melanoma and how, automatically, we all do!   I have been trying Janner's philosophy of waiting a week on suspicious feelings or sightings and that seems to have been working lately.  I'm happy for your clear MRI.    It's always good to hear good news.

CarolA

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Linda,

Great news.  Proof that it isn't always melanoma, thank goodness. :)

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Linda,

Great news.  Proof that it isn't always melanoma, thank goodness. :)

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      Suzan AB
      Participant

Hahahhaaa, Linda!  Its Happy Dance Time!!!!   dummdadeedumm dadadaaaa dahdahdah..Its Happy Time!   Ok it does lose something if it is typed…Hahahahaaa who cares….Its Happy Dance Time!

Congrats and may NED be your boyfriend for a very long time!

Dancing with you…Suzan AB

Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Suzan AB
      Participant

Hahahhaaa, Linda!  Its Happy Dance Time!!!!   dummdadeedumm dadadaaaa dahdahdah..Its Happy Time!   Ok it does lose something if it is typed…Hahahahaaa who cares….Its Happy Dance Time!

Congrats and may NED be your boyfriend for a very long time!

Dancing with you…Suzan AB

Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Linda, great news! I know what you mean about thinking "melanoma" at every lump, twitch, pain and headache. I guess it's part of having the disease. I remember thinking "Thank God it's only arthritis" when I had lower back pain checked out. Only a cancer patient would be grateful for arthritis!! LOL!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Linda, great news! I know what you mean about thinking "melanoma" at every lump, twitch, pain and headache. I guess it's part of having the disease. I remember thinking "Thank God it's only arthritis" when I had lower back pain checked out. Only a cancer patient would be grateful for arthritis!! LOL!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Loading spinner
      ValinMtl
      Participant

Linda, this is superb news!  What a great early Christmas gift to yourself!   Thinking positive that you will have another early one on the 7th……Val

Loading spinner
      ValinMtl
      Participant

Linda, this is superb news!  What a great early Christmas gift to yourself!   Thinking positive that you will have another early one on the 7th……Val

Loading spinner
      Nancy
      Participant

Hi Linda, Thanks for sharing wonderful news – and thanks for being with me through my journey…In thought and prayer tonight …

Loading spinner
      Nancy
      Participant

Hi Linda, Thanks for sharing wonderful news – and thanks for being with me through my journey…In thought and prayer tonight …

Loading spinner
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.