The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BRAF/Zelboraf side effects – OUCH!

Forums General Melanoma Community BRAF/Zelboraf side effects – OUCH!

Participant

Hi y'all,

I've been discharged by U of Penn, and will contine on BRAF while being followed by my local oncologist.

I continue to respond well to BRAF, with some side effects: arthritis in my hands/elbows (fleeting); erythema nodosum (VERY PAINFUL) little red lumps = look like mosquito bites; dry skin; extreme sun sensitivity.

I find I don't need to shave my legs, at all! There's always a silver lining, and the hair loss seems to be on my legs, mainly! I do seem to lose more hair on my head, but not causing patches, etc.

Hi y'all,

I've been discharged by U of Penn, and will contine on BRAF while being followed by my local oncologist.

I continue to respond well to BRAF, with some side effects: arthritis in my hands/elbows (fleeting); erythema nodosum (VERY PAINFUL) little red lumps = look like mosquito bites; dry skin; extreme sun sensitivity.

I find I don't need to shave my legs, at all! There's always a silver lining, and the hair loss seems to be on my legs, mainly! I do seem to lose more hair on my head, but not causing patches, etc.

Question re: erythema nodosum   bumps…mine is like a random game. I've gotten them on my arms, and all over my legs and feet. Each day is a surprise: where is one popping up today?! I've had several flairs on my feet, and man does it make it hard to walk. BUT it resolves in a few days.

Anyone else had these, and have any treatment ideas? I'd posted previously, and was told to take Aleve. This does help, to a certain point.

I'm just happy to wake up each day and assess how I am doing before I head off to life: work/kids/house/church. It's all good, and kind of an adventure! "Wonder where/when the next one will be?"

Praying for everyone on this board, we're in it to win it!

TracyLee

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant

Hi TracyLee,

No ideas here, I just want to say hi and that I'm SO glad you're doing well!

๐Ÿ™‚ karen

NYKaren
          Participant

Hi TracyLee,

๐Ÿ™‚ karen

NYKaren
            Participant

Hi TracyLee,

๐Ÿ™‚ karen

mombase
              Participant

Hi Tracy Lee,

It sounds like you are pretty darned well! Congrats on the discharge. I have read many people say that Sarna is an awesome product for itch spots. I went to the website and registered and they had a $2.00 coupon to print out as well. The url is:

http://www.sarna-skincare.com/

They have quite an informative website…check it out! I think I am going to the drugstore to pick up a bottle (or whatever you call those pump containers) before I REALLY need it!

Take care,

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                Participant

Hi Tracy Lee,

It sounds like you are pretty darned well! Congrats on the discharge. I have read many people say that Sarna is an awesome product for itch spots. I went to the website and registered and they had a $2.00 coupon to print out as well. The url is:

They have quite an informative website…check it out! I think I am going to the drugstore to pick up a bottle (or whatever you call those pump containers) before I REALLY need it!

Take care,

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                  Participant

Hi Tracy Lee,

Take care,

Cristy, Stage IV

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics