The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

braf inhibitor food/particle study for stage iv

Forums General Melanoma Community braf inhibitor food/particle study for stage iv

Participant

i was wondering if anyone has or is currently on the Braf particle or food study. My husband will start on the study here soon.

everything i have read posted was just on the doseage or double blind study. the dosage they are saying is now se (i beleive it was 300mg ever 12 hours)t, it is not a double blind study and at this point they are testing if food effects it and if the type of form given effects it. If anyone has any information on what to expect and experiences please let me know. 

i was wondering if anyone has or is currently on the Braf particle or food study. My husband will start on the study here soon.

everything i have read posted was just on the doseage or double blind study. the dosage they are saying is now se (i beleive it was 300mg ever 12 hours)t, it is not a double blind study and at this point they are testing if food effects it and if the type of form given effects it. If anyone has any information on what to expect and experiences please let me know. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MichaelFL
        Participant

Can you give more information on the trial, as i am not sure I have the correct one? You can do a search on http://www.clinicaltrial.gov/ and someone will be better able to assist you.

I looked it up at http://www.clinicaltrial.gov/ct2/show/NCT01264380?term=braf+food+melanoma&rank=1 and if I have the right trial, it states that it is a Single Oral Dose of RO5185426, Followed by Administration of 960 mg RO5185426 Twice Daily to BRAF V600E Positive Metastatic Melanoma Patients.

This trial is fairly new as it was first received: December 20, 2010, so I do not believe anyone here is on it as yet. I will say that the side effects of the BRAF trials are not so harsh as other treatments.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Michael

MichaelFL
            Participant

I also read your profile an see that IL-2 (interleukin-2) was attempted and with no success. I see that he is BRAF positive, so as I stated in my previous post, this treatment should not be as difficult as the IL-2.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Michael

MichaelFL
              Participant

After reading further, I found another trial as well. Is this the one?

http://www.clinicaltrial.gov/ct2/show/NCT01231568?term=braf+particle&rank=1

Michael

MichaelFL
                Participant

After reading further, I found another trial as well. Is this the one?

http://www.clinicaltrial.gov/ct2/show/NCT01231568?term=braf+particle&rank=1

Michael

MichaelFL
                  Participant

I also read your profile an see that IL-2 (interleukin-2) was attempted and with no success. I see that he is BRAF positive, so as I stated in my previous post, this treatment should not be as difficult as the IL-2.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Michael

theonlydrea
                    Participant

Thanks Michael i will pull up link.

Information on package given to us about study says : GlaxosmithKline aka GSK

BRAF genetick screening Food and Particle size study.

theonlydrea
                      Participant

genetic.. lol sorry

MichaelFL
                        Participant

Yes, I believe the second trial I found is the one. This is also a fairly new trial as it was First Received: October 21, 2010, and only has an enrollment of 28.

Sounds like your husband needs a high fat diet. Let us know how the trial goes!

Good luck, and do your best to research your next option!

You may wish to discuss a drug called Yervoy (also called ipilimumab) as well.

Michael 

theonlydrea
                          Participant

that was on the list of second choice before he did il2 but they feel that braf would be better at this point.  theres another drug too they mentioned but i dont remember

thanks again

Anonymous
                            Inactive

Hi Andrea,

I just wanted to let you know that the MRF recently partnered with EmergingMed to offer patients a free clinical trial finder.  It looks like your husband may already be signed up for one, but I just wanted to make sure you knew about the service.  It basically navigates the clinical trial system for you.  Here is the link if you need or want it: http://www.emergingmed.com/networks/MRF/ 

Let us know if we can help in any way. 

Shelby – MRF

theonlydrea
                              Participant

thanks shelby

theonlydrea
                                Participant

thanks shelby

Anonymous
                                  Inactive

Hi Andrea,

I just wanted to let you know that the MRF recently partnered with EmergingMed to offer patients a free clinical trial finder.  It looks like your husband may already be signed up for one, but I just wanted to make sure you knew about the service.  It basically navigates the clinical trial system for you.  Here is the link if you need or want it: http://www.emergingmed.com/networks/MRF/ 

Let us know if we can help in any way. 

Shelby – MRF

theonlydrea
                                    Participant

that was on the list of second choice before he did il2 but they feel that braf would be better at this point.  theres another drug too they mentioned but i dont remember

thanks again

MichaelFL
                                      Participant

Yes, I believe the second trial I found is the one. This is also a fairly new trial as it was First Received: October 21, 2010, and only has an enrollment of 28.

Sounds like your husband needs a high fat diet. Let us know how the trial goes!

Good luck, and do your best to research your next option!

You may wish to discuss a drug called Yervoy (also called ipilimumab) as well.

Michael 

theonlydrea
                                        Participant

genetic.. lol sorry

theonlydrea
                                          Participant

Thanks Michael i will pull up link.

Information on package given to us about study says : GlaxosmithKline aka GSK

BRAF genetick screening Food and Particle size study.

MichaelFL
                                          Participant

Can you give more information on the trial, as i am not sure I have the correct one? You can do a search on http://www.clinicaltrial.gov/ and someone will be better able to assist you.

I looked it up at http://www.clinicaltrial.gov/ct2/show/NCT01264380?term=braf+food+melanoma&rank=1 and if I have the right trial, it states that it is a Single Oral Dose of RO5185426, Followed by Administration of 960 mg RO5185426 Twice Daily to BRAF V600E Positive Metastatic Melanoma Patients.

This trial is fairly new as it was first received: December 20, 2010, so I do not believe anyone here is on it as yet. I will say that the side effects of the BRAF trials are not so harsh as other treatments.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Michael

Viewing 1 reply thread
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics