The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Braf Combo Success! Scan Results Great!

Forums General Melanoma Community Braf Combo Success! Scan Results Great!

Participant

After 9 months on Braf Combo, my husband was suffering still with such nausea and joint pain that he stopped.  He was 2 1/2 months without meds and we feared the worst PET Scan results.  The oncologists were as surprised as we were relieved – no progression, still stable!  The only thing that happened within the 2 months off is that he developed vitilligo……….but the good results are what we really loved.

The Combo worked!  We don't have scans scheduled now until October 🙂  Vacation from worry worry worry and fear……for now!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant

Great news!!! I pray that it continues…enjoy the rest of the summer, it is much deserved and I hope to join you in that stable or NED lane shortly.

Josh

JoshF
          Participant

Great news!!! I pray that it continues…enjoy the rest of the summer, it is much deserved and I hope to join you in that stable or NED lane shortly.

Josh

JoshF
            Participant

Josh

jamieth29
              Participant
                Great news Rita…is he staying off meds for foreseeable future?
                  Rita and Charles
                  Participant

No just for the summer………we know it is risky, but trying to do some travel buckets.  We know the battle isn't won, just small rest.  Hope you are well,

Rita

Rita and Charles
                    Participant

No just for the summer………we know it is risky, but trying to do some travel buckets.  We know the battle isn't won, just small rest.  Hope you are well,

Rita

Rita and Charles
                      Participant

Rita

jamieth29
                      Participant
                        jamieth29
                        Participant
                          BrianP
                          Participant

Fantastic Rita!  Happy travels to you and Charles. 

Brian

BrianP
                            Participant

Brian

paul
                                Participant

Looking forward: did you try dose reduction? With Zelboraf I had ten days off, then a dose reduction, and a slightly reduced dose, and found the problems mostly resolved.

All the best–

Paul

Maureen038
                                  Participant

I'm so happy for both of you Rita!! Wonderful news!!

Maureen

Maureen038
                                    Participant

Maureen

Maureen038
                                      Participant

Maureen

Rita and Charles
                                        Participant

We did try to go single therapy, removng the MEK but still his body  and mind was saying ENOUGH for a while.  He is gaining weight back now, so we will travel and visit old friends and family – worry free until October's scans!  Melanoma does teach you how to live in the present, doesn't it?  Grab happiness and tell people you love them more.  Day by Day.

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                          Participant

We did try to go single therapy, removng the MEK but still his body  and mind was saying ENOUGH for a while.  He is gaining weight back now, so we will travel and visit old friends and family – worry free until October's scans!  Melanoma does teach you how to live in the present, doesn't it?  Grab happiness and tell people you love them more.  Day by Day.

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                            Participant

Rita

paul
                                              Participant

Looking forward: did you try dose reduction? With Zelboraf I had ten days off, then a dose reduction, and a slightly reduced dose, and found the problems mostly resolved.

All the best–

Paul

paul
                                                Participant

All the best–

Paul

BrianP
                                                Participant

Brian

Kay hh
                                                  Participant

I am happy to hear the break is working for you.  In my region (Tennessee) there is a trial my husband was offered: 1 month on, 2 months off.  He did not opt for it, but it was encouraging to know that some researchers feel it is a good option.  If your hubs is having unmanagable reactions to the braf combo, you may want to inquire about this trial.   

Be well and soak up every moment.  

Kay

Kay hh
                                                    Participant

I am happy to hear the break is working for you.  In my region (Tennessee) there is a trial my husband was offered: 1 month on, 2 months off.  He did not opt for it, but it was encouraging to know that some researchers feel it is a good option.  If your hubs is having unmanagable reactions to the braf combo, you may want to inquire about this trial.   

Kay

Kay hh
                                                      Participant

Kay

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics