The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Boston Symposium Friday Oct 22nd Anyone Going

Forums General Melanoma Community Boston Symposium Friday Oct 22nd Anyone Going

Participant

Just wondering if anyone from the forums will be attending.  I noticed they changed the venue to a conference room.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Just wondering if anyone from the forums will be attending.  I noticed they changed the venue to a conference room.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ValinMtl
        Participant

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I am going.  I'm booked flying in from Plattsburgh on Thursday, staying overnight at a friend's house…hope to meet you there!  By the way, I know you leave out of town but do you know anything about the subway system…what station do I get off at near Mass General???

Val  (3rd ipi treatment coming up on October 26th).

Jerry from Cape Cod
            Participant

Hi Val,

The Mass General web site recommends the Redline Charles / MGH stop for the main campus.  The symposium is at 50 Staniford Street which is a few large blocks away.  The Blue line Bowdin Station stop is closer to 50 Staniford.

What area are you coming in from.  If you are comming from almost any of the South Shore communities I'm driving to the city that way.  email me if you would like to discuss a ride in.  You just have to be tolerant of heavy community traffic that time of day.

Jerry from Cape Cod

ValinMtl
              Participant

Hi Jerry,

Well, that's good news…I will be getting on at Central Square (I think it's part of redline), I'll cut this info out and show to my girlfriend who lives in Cambridge. Thanks for the offer of a drive but will see you there.  Val

Jerry from Cape Cod
                Participant

Well your really close anyway and able to hop right on the T.  I thought you might be in one of the 'burbs.  I look forward to meeting you there.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                  Participant

Well your really close anyway and able to hop right on the T.  I thought you might be in one of the 'burbs.  I look forward to meeting you there.

Jerry from Cape Cod

ValinMtl
                    Participant

Hi Jerry,

Well, that's good news…I will be getting on at Central Square (I think it's part of redline), I'll cut this info out and show to my girlfriend who lives in Cambridge. Thanks for the offer of a drive but will see you there.  Val

Jerry from Cape Cod
                      Participant

Hi Val,

The Mass General web site recommends the Redline Charles / MGH stop for the main campus.  The symposium is at 50 Staniford Street which is a few large blocks away.  The Blue line Bowdin Station stop is closer to 50 Staniford.

What area are you coming in from.  If you are comming from almost any of the South Shore communities I'm driving to the city that way.  email me if you would like to discuss a ride in.  You just have to be tolerant of heavy community traffic that time of day.

Jerry from Cape Cod

ValinMtl
                      Participant

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I am going.  I'm booked flying in from Plattsburgh on Thursday, staying overnight at a friend's house…hope to meet you there!  By the way, I know you leave out of town but do you know anything about the subway system…what station do I get off at near Mass General???

Val  (3rd ipi treatment coming up on October 26th).

LynnLuc
                        Participant

I just attended the MRF symposium at Moffitt on Saurday. It was awesome. Dr Weber is my oncologist for my trial and he is awesome too!

ValinMtl
                            Participant

Glad you found the symposium informative, I am sure Boston's will be worthwhile too.  I have never had the privilege of meeting Dr. Weber but I know if ipi doesn't work that meeting up with him would be a goal to discuss potentials..he was kind enough to respond to me via e-mail twice…and he is such a busy man..  I am a snowbird and I'm only 1 1/2 hours away from Tampa in February/March.  Val

LynnLuc
                              Participant

I hear such good news with IPI! I am stage 4 NED

I am from North Dakota and finished the 2nd in a round of many in a trial titled "Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IV Melanoma "

Moving down to Florida because we can't afford it any other way…

LynnLuc
                                Participant

I hear such good news with IPI! I am stage 4 NED

I am from North Dakota and finished the 2nd in a round of many in a trial titled "Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IV Melanoma "

Moving down to Florida because we can't afford it any other way…

ValinMtl
                                  Participant

Glad you found the symposium informative, I am sure Boston's will be worthwhile too.  I have never had the privilege of meeting Dr. Weber but I know if ipi doesn't work that meeting up with him would be a goal to discuss potentials..he was kind enough to respond to me via e-mail twice…and he is such a busy man..  I am a snowbird and I'm only 1 1/2 hours away from Tampa in February/March.  Val

LynnLuc
                                  Participant

I just attended the MRF symposium at Moffitt on Saurday. It was awesome. Dr Weber is my oncologist for my trial and he is awesome too!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics