The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Boston: looking for former DFCI doc

Forums General Melanoma Community Boston: looking for former DFCI doc

Participant

Looking for Dr. Sara E Russell.  Was my phenominal surgical onc many years ago.  Don't see her listed on either the DFCI or Brigham & Women's registry.  Any help/info appreciated. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gwen in Maine
        Participant

You're right. She's very good. I'm surprised she's not listed. As recently as last Spring I believe she was still working there. Maybe call the Melanoma Department if you haven't already?

Gwen

Make2DayCount
            Participant

Dr. Russell is indeed amazing.  She performed a very complicated surgery on my business partner for rectal mucosal melanoma and saved her life.  Sadly, she left D-F not long after Terry's surgery, in 2014.  She left no information about where she was going, she simply vanished.  We were told she would not be coming back to surgery.

Coincidentally I just heard today from another cancer list that she died of cancer herself recently but I haven't been able to find any independent confirmation of that and there is nothing on the Dana Farber website. I'm hoping that's not true, and haven't been able to find anything about an obit for her so I'm not sure.  

Make2DayCount
              Participant

AND I just heard from a very reliable source that the report I heard is not true!!  WHEW!!  I don't know that I'll get any details but at least we have that.  

Rocco
                Participant

As a last resort I too had looked at Legacy.com and other sites for an obit, but didn't see one either.  I'm glad for that.  I decided to post here, figuring someone would know something……

Rocco
                  Participant

As a last resort I too had looked at Legacy.com and other sites for an obit, but didn't see one either.  I'm glad for that.  I decided to post here, figuring someone would know something……

Rocco
                    Participant

Make2DayCount
                      Participant

AND I just heard from a very reliable source that the report I heard is not true!!  WHEW!!  I don't know that I'll get any details but at least we have that.  

Make2DayCount
                        Participant

Make2DayCount
                          Participant

Dr. Russell is indeed amazing.  She performed a very complicated surgery on my business partner for rectal mucosal melanoma and saved her life.  Sadly, she left D-F not long after Terry's surgery, in 2014.  She left no information about where she was going, she simply vanished.  We were told she would not be coming back to surgery.

Coincidentally I just heard today from another cancer list that she died of cancer herself recently but I haven't been able to find any independent confirmation of that and there is nothing on the Dana Farber website. I'm hoping that's not true, and haven't been able to find anything about an obit for her so I'm not sure.  

Make2DayCount
                            Participant

Gwen in Maine
                            Participant

You're right. She's very good. I'm surprised she's not listed. As recently as last Spring I believe she was still working there. Maybe call the Melanoma Department if you haven't already?

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                              Participant

Gwen

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics