The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Booster for Ipi/Nivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Booster for Ipi/Nivo

Participant
      My last Ipi infusion was in June 2020 (10 months on Nivo, progressed to stage 4 then 3 infusions of Ipi).  I’ve had what the doc calls a “pretty good” response to the Ipi on top of the Nivo. I had several tumors in my lungs along with some lymph nodes. The lymph nodes and all but two of the lung nodules are gone. There are however a couple of stubborn nodules (6x6x4 to 6x6x6 and 4x3x3 to 4×3.5×3.5 in mm). I asked the doc if there is a booster for the Ipi. He said no and that we would need to trust that the Ipi will continue to work.
      I guess my question is if the Ipi/Nivo starts to fail, would surgery to remove the nodules be warranted? My oncologist said we will cross that bridge when we get there.. just curious to hear other folks opinions..  (BTW BRAF wild type)

bruce

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi Bruce, are you being scanned by ct or have you had a PET-ct scan, the reason I ask is that I have a lung tumor that reduced in size but almost 8 years later is still visible on ct scan but Pet-ct a couple of years ago showed no SUV uptake (or in other words, no active cancer). If you have had a PET-ct or more than one, are the SUV values going down, which would be a positive indicator!
          Sdmotorcop
          Participant
            Hi Ed,

this last one was via CT scan. I guess I had reached my limit of 3 PET scans for the year (due to radiation). All nodules had decreased uptake at my last PET in October.

gopher38
            Participant
              I understand the reticence on the part of the “system”, but I agree that there’s an argument to be made that the should allow patients who haven’t had adverse secondary effects and appear to be at least partially responding to treatment, to go beyond the standard dosages.  I imagine that the financial risks are what precludes it, but – as a patient – it would be nice to have the option.
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics