The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bone Mets

Forums General Melanoma Community Bone Mets

Participant

Hi Everyone,

This might be a dumb question but can anyone tell me if bone mets hurt????

I have been having pain along the lower part of my spine. When I touch the bones in my spine in my lower part, the bones do not hurt. However,when I am lying down then get up. I feel pain. Of course, my mind jumps to the worst scenario.

Anyone experince bone mets in the spine or anywhere else, your feedback would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks you for reading my post & replying.

Hi Everyone,

This might be a dumb question but can anyone tell me if bone mets hurt????

I have been having pain along the lower part of my spine. When I touch the bones in my spine in my lower part, the bones do not hurt. However,when I am lying down then get up. I feel pain. Of course, my mind jumps to the worst scenario.

Anyone experince bone mets in the spine or anywhere else, your feedback would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks you for reading my post & replying.

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        mkummerle
        Participant

Hello

I have mets in the T-1 and T-8 vertabre.  It can be painful at times.  I have many different narcotics on hand depending on the pain.  Sometimes just plain old ibuproferin does the trick.  Your onc should have no problem giving you an RX for this.

mkummerle
          Participant

Hello

I have mets in the T-1 and T-8 vertabre.  It can be painful at times.  I have many different narcotics on hand depending on the pain.  Sometimes just plain old ibuproferin does the trick.  Your onc should have no problem giving you an RX for this.

mkummerle
            Participant

Hello

mkummerle
              Participant

Hello

Janner
                Participant

Back pain is common, bone mets are not.  What stage are you?  If you are stage IV vs. stage I, people might answer differently.  We need more information to make informed responses.  As with anything, if you are worried about things, contact your doctor.

Best wishes,

Janner

killmel
                    Participant

Hi Janner,

Thanks for your reply.

I am stage 3c. I am having MRI brain tomorrow and head to toe PET/CTscans next Tues. but I cannot help but worry. To date, I have had no organ involvement nor brain. Last scans were April 2010. Just regional mets.

killmel
                      Participant

Hi Janner,

Thanks for your reply.

I am stage 3c. I am having MRI brain tomorrow and head to toe PET/CTscans next Tues. but I cannot help but worry. To date, I have had no organ involvement nor brain. Last scans were April 2010. Just regional mets.

Janner
                      Participant

Back pain is common, bone mets are not.  What stage are you?  If you are stage IV vs. stage I, people might answer differently.  We need more information to make informed responses.  As with anything, if you are worried about things, contact your doctor.

Best wishes,

Janner

Linda/Kentucky
                        Participant

My husband has bone mets. He is stage IV he started out having some slight "twinges" in the areas where he had mets the onc. kept asking about pain and he didn't have much at all.  He has began to have some aches and pains don't know if it's coming from mel. or Ipi tx.  But like the other poster stated he controls it with Ibuprofen 800mg 2x day.  He has tried Hydrocodone did not like it and did not last as long.  Good luck  with your scans,

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                          Participant

My husband has bone mets. He is stage IV he started out having some slight "twinges" in the areas where he had mets the onc. kept asking about pain and he didn't have much at all.  He has began to have some aches and pains don't know if it's coming from mel. or Ipi tx.  But like the other poster stated he controls it with Ibuprofen 800mg 2x day.  He has tried Hydrocodone did not like it and did not last as long.  Good luck  with your scans,

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                            Participant

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                              Participant

Linda/Kentucky

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics