Hi Susan ,and everyone else here,and thanks for thinking of me.
No, I never made it to the mainland ,and it's not likely to happen anytime soon . After my last go round of cutting in July , I was exhausted , and frustrated , and to be totally honest , pretty darned depressed . My oncologist said nothing to be done until it could be verified I developed mets. Ambiguous scans with no follow up have left me in perpetual limbo . I decided to take a break from the system for the past 6 months . I do however read what's going on here daily to keep myself informed ,and recent discussions now fill me with more questions to ask.
Since in my 6 month hiatus from seeing anyone , I have developed more lesions worthy of biopsy . I'm wondering now if I should push for a snb? I'm up to 11 primaries , 13 if you count a couple where in situ couldn't be ruled out. A few I have currently , look like any other in situs previously removed . Heck I've even wondered if I should let the lesions get worse to possibly open the door for some other kind of treatment , although that just doesn't seem rational . In the meantime , I've developed parkinson's disease which is mostly a nuisance making my right arm shake.
Anyway , that's my current situation . Seems like a lot of cutting , where maybe a different treatment could slow it down . …I don't know ? Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated , as I am about to start it up again with my surgeon .
Aloha to everyone ,