The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bob from Visalia -VEGF trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Bob from Visalia -VEGF trial

Participant

Hi Bob,

I saw you post regarding you sayiing:  "Monday I will start on a new trial, called VEGF, with a drug that works to stop the growth of new blood vessels to tumors."

I am interested in knowing more about the VEGF clinical trial. Would you know the gov clinical trial number for this VEGF trial or any information/link where I can read about this trial.

You mentioned that if this trial failed then you would do IPI.

I am just curious why your doctor just does not put you on IPI???

Hi Bob,

I saw you post regarding you sayiing:  "Monday I will start on a new trial, called VEGF, with a drug that works to stop the growth of new blood vessels to tumors."

I am interested in knowing more about the VEGF clinical trial. Would you know the gov clinical trial number for this VEGF trial or any information/link where I can read about this trial.

You mentioned that if this trial failed then you would do IPI.

I am just curious why your doctor just does not put you on IPI???

There is some discussion on clinical trial ethics & it seems like you are trying all these "new" trial  which is great for furthering sciences & helping with research, however, why are you not just doing IPI because it has proven to have my long term durable response against melanoma??

What does your doctor say about IPI???

Thanks for replying

Good Luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi

I too am interested in knowing more about what  the VEGF clinical trial.

Has anyone participated in a VEGFclinical trial???

Thanks

killmel
          Participant

Hi

I too am interested in knowing more about what  the VEGF clinical trial.

Has anyone participated in a VEGFclinical trial???

Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics