The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bloodshot eye(s) in A Study of Vemurafenib And GDC-0973 in Patients With BRAF-Mutation Positive Metastatic Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Bloodshot eye(s) in A Study of Vemurafenib And GDC-0973 in Patients With BRAF-Mutation Positive Metastatic Melanoma

Participant

Has anyone in this trial experienced significant bloodshot eye(s) in this trial? I am in cycle 12 and had an issue last month paused trial meds for 10 days while using a prescribed eye drop. Eye cleared in about 8 days. back on meds for 10 days and bloodshot is back.

I have had amazing results in the trial with very few side effects – minor rash/itching and some wart like growths on my legs (they weren't much to look at anyway).

Wilfred 

Has anyone in this trial experienced significant bloodshot eye(s) in this trial? I am in cycle 12 and had an issue last month paused trial meds for 10 days while using a prescribed eye drop. Eye cleared in about 8 days. back on meds for 10 days and bloodshot is back.

I have had amazing results in the trial with very few side effects – minor rash/itching and some wart like growths on my legs (they weren't much to look at anyway).

Wilfred 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          I have battled this almost a year, just from vem/Zel. Make sure you’re seeing an Opthamologist regularly and he can recommend OTC meds if they’re dry or Rx if its iritis. Mine comes and goes and I know it’s generally made my eyesight a little worse.
            Wilfred
            Participant

Thanks, I do see my opthomologist regularly.

Wilfred
              Participant

Wilfred
                Participant

awillett1991
                Participant
                  I have battled this almost a year, just from vem/Zel. Make sure you’re seeing an Opthamologist regularly and he can recommend OTC meds if they’re dry or Rx if its iritis. Mine comes and goes and I know it’s generally made my eyesight a little worse.
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    Tina D
                    Participant

As with Amy, I  had uveitis while on Vemurafenib alone. One thing is for sure, it can progress quickly if not treated. It cleared up with drops over a period of time, but my eye Dr said to even call him on the weekend if I started to show symptoms in order to catch it quickly. Glad you are keeping a close watch on it.

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

As with Amy, I  had uveitis while on Vemurafenib alone. One thing is for sure, it can progress quickly if not treated. It cleared up with drops over a period of time, but my eye Dr said to even call him on the weekend if I started to show symptoms in order to catch it quickly. Glad you are keeping a close watch on it.

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics