The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bladder metastasis?

Forums General Melanoma Community Bladder metastasis?

Participant

There's been blood in my urine, the exam turned up something suspicious, and the urologist wants to do a biopsy to see if it's a bladder metastasis of my melanoma.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has had bladder mets? If so, how were you treated?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

There are certainly those who have deal with melanoma mets to the bladder.  Interestingly, anti-PD-1 has been used with a good deal of success for bladder/urothelial cancers as well as melanoma, so I think that would be the first thing to think about as treatment.  Opdivo was approved for urothelial cancers in 2017.  The ipi/nivo combo was approved for renal cell carcinoma this year.  Atezolizumab was approved for urothelial carcinoma in 2016.  Now…hopefully you will be needing none of these.  But, for what it's worth.  I wish you my best.  Celeste

betsyl
            Participant

Thanks, Celeste, I appreciate your response. Unfortunately I've already had progression with Keytruda, and therefore discontinued this treatment. Due to other preexisting issues, my oncologist doesn't want to try ipi/nivo. 

Wishing you good luck with your fight!

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics