The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Black Swan

Forums General Melanoma Community Black Swan

Participant

I'm a long time fan of Natalie Portman and this flic did not disappoint. Pretty intense.  Been busy with the holidays and all. Happy new year!

I'm a long time fan of Natalie Portman and this flic did not disappoint. Pretty intense.  Been busy with the holidays and all. Happy new year!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

whwen you say longtime fan, what do you mean? I LOVED her in The Professional, and also Beautiful Girls. She was pretty precocious in both of them. I hear her performance in The Black Swan is great..but..is the movie a little WIERD?? looks like it to me…

I also heard that Barbara Hershey is terrifyingly good in it.

dian

StanN
            Participant

Hi Dian,

I saw it last week with my son and his lovely new wife,which for me and i I think also for

them was a  bit uncomfortable for some parts..There is a [maybe] fantasy scene where the one chick  goes down on the other..

all in good  clean fun of course  ,and your left to decide did it happen  or didn't it…she was maybe or  maybe not drugged…..and that is why I didn't' like the movie,it went like that the whole  time.

It's the sort of movie that plays mind games with you throughout the entire movie.You know she is nuts ,most of the time  so

your left trying to figure out  when  is she really nuts and what parts your watching  is a figment of her mind   or  reality..

We would of watched 'True Grit ' but it was a later showing….so  we went with weird……..

.and  if Barbara Hershey is the actress who played her terrifying hot friend ,then yes she is a smoking  hot  good actress.

I've read all the Oscar stuff about the movie  but i would give it a thumbs  down,

StanN

dian in spokane
              Participant

no no stan. Barbara Hershey plays the mom…

dian in spokane
                Participant

no no stan. Barbara Hershey plays the mom…

BillMFl
                  Participant

Si Stan, are you saying a hot girl never went down on you when you were drunk or stoned? So sorry 4 u.  The essence of the story was her gradual mental collapse from all the physical and mental stress.

BillMFl
                    Participant

Si Stan, are you saying a hot girl never went down on you when you were drunk or stoned? So sorry 4 u.  The essence of the story was her gradual mental collapse from all the physical and mental stress.

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

ya no one here will go with me to see it so I will see it on DVD eventually.  The girl who plays her nemises is the girl from that 70's show.  (Jackie)  from all what I have heard both did a great job.  Portman was the princess (or queen) from one of the star wars movies.  way back when when my son was young she was the 'it Girl'

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

ya no one here will go with me to see it so I will see it on DVD eventually.  The girl who plays her nemises is the girl from that 70's show.  (Jackie)  from all what I have heard both did a great job.  Portman was the princess (or queen) from one of the star wars movies.  way back when when my son was young she was the 'it Girl'

StanN
                          Participant

Hi Dian,

I saw it last week with my son and his lovely new wife,which for me and i I think also for

them was a  bit uncomfortable for some parts..There is a [maybe] fantasy scene where the one chick  goes down on the other..

all in good  clean fun of course  ,and your left to decide did it happen  or didn't it…she was maybe or  maybe not drugged…..and that is why I didn't' like the movie,it went like that the whole  time.

It's the sort of movie that plays mind games with you throughout the entire movie.You know she is nuts ,most of the time  so

your left trying to figure out  when  is she really nuts and what parts your watching  is a figment of her mind   or  reality..

We would of watched 'True Grit ' but it was a later showing….so  we went with weird……..

.and  if Barbara Hershey is the actress who played her terrifying hot friend ,then yes she is a smoking  hot  good actress.

I've read all the Oscar stuff about the movie  but i would give it a thumbs  down,

StanN

BillMFl
                            Participant

I mean I've liked her since her first film when she was only about 13. Very good actress. I didn't recognize Winona Ryder until I saw her name in the credits at the end. Hershey was very good as the nuerotic stage mom. How did she get old already? How did we get old already????

BillMFl
                              Participant

I mean I've liked her since her first film when she was only about 13. Very good actress. I didn't recognize Winona Ryder until I saw her name in the credits at the end. Hershey was very good as the nuerotic stage mom. How did she get old already? How did we get old already????

dian in spokane
                              Participant

whwen you say longtime fan, what do you mean? I LOVED her in The Professional, and also Beautiful Girls. She was pretty precocious in both of them. I hear her performance in The Black Swan is great..but..is the movie a little WIERD?? looks like it to me…

I also heard that Barbara Hershey is terrifyingly good in it.

dian

MarieM
                                Participant

Oh…I wanted to see this with Jess. But..she is going tomorrow with her Ballet teacher and friends. Ditched here. Happy, HEALTHY New year to all!

Marie

BillMFl
                                    Participant

So go see it for your own self.  Happy new year to you too sweetie.

BillMFl
                                      Participant

So go see it for your own self.  Happy new year to you too sweetie.

MarieM
                                      Participant

Oh…I wanted to see this with Jess. But..she is going tomorrow with her Ballet teacher and friends. Ditched here. Happy, HEALTHY New year to all!

Marie

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics