The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Black Friday

Forums General Melanoma Community Black Friday

Participant

Get ready to shop!

Get ready to shop!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        LV
        Participant

I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, because I'm afraid it would be exactly like that. I don't want anything that badly.  I'd rather stay home and put some left-over whipped cream in my coffee and relax with my sons and any friends who stop by to escape the madness. 

dian in spokane
            Participant

likewize laura! I always stay home on black friday

dian in spokane
              Participant

likewize laura! I always stay home on black friday

bcl
                Participant

I'm the same about boxing day – no special is worth lining up for hours (and forcing others to work on a holiday.)

bcl
                  Participant

I'm the same about boxing day – no special is worth lining up for hours (and forcing others to work on a holiday.)

Kimmer
                    Participant

Done, done, done.

Signed into Amazondotcom yesterday morning at 6:00 and hit the checkout button at 6:30!  (I had pre-scouted the items on Wednesday to discuss a dollar amount to spend with my spouse 'cos he hates THOSE kind of surprises.)  Made sure it all shipped from Amazon's own warehouse, got free shipping on everything, AND paid no sales tax.

I will go out a couple of times to get in the crowd, but with nothing particular in mind to buy.  We bake shortbread and decorate with hundreds of tacky lights  for the fun of it.  That way I keep my joy!

It only took about 20 years to figure out how Hubs and I like to celebrate.  Some folks like getting up early and camping out in parking lots, though.  More power to 'em for helping the economy.  Y'all go for it.

That video is pretty hysterical.

K.

Kimmer
                      Participant

Done, done, done.

Signed into Amazondotcom yesterday morning at 6:00 and hit the checkout button at 6:30!  (I had pre-scouted the items on Wednesday to discuss a dollar amount to spend with my spouse 'cos he hates THOSE kind of surprises.)  Made sure it all shipped from Amazon's own warehouse, got free shipping on everything, AND paid no sales tax.

I will go out a couple of times to get in the crowd, but with nothing particular in mind to buy.  We bake shortbread and decorate with hundreds of tacky lights  for the fun of it.  That way I keep my joy!

It only took about 20 years to figure out how Hubs and I like to celebrate.  Some folks like getting up early and camping out in parking lots, though.  More power to 'em for helping the economy.  Y'all go for it.

That video is pretty hysterical.

K.

LV
                      Participant

I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, because I'm afraid it would be exactly like that. I don't want anything that badly.  I'd rather stay home and put some left-over whipped cream in my coffee and relax with my sons and any friends who stop by to escape the madness. 

jag
                        Participant

Ah, the holidays the most wonderful time of the year, nothing like the spirit of Christmas.

It is so cheerful to see people already road raging at one another.

Fighting over parking spots at the grocery store.

Trampling each other to save on that big screen LCD they've been dreaming about.

Pissed off because they have to "think about other people"

Kids screaming and being threatened by their parents that "Santa won't come this year if they don't behave" to bring them that big plastic peace of crap toy that will be used less than 1 week.

***Special Tip

If you check the store policy sometimes you can just buy the stuff you want now, and then go back after the black friday madness for the "price match guarantee" careful with this though, sometimes the guarantee excludes black friday weekend. 

jag
                          Participant

Ah, the holidays the most wonderful time of the year, nothing like the spirit of Christmas.

It is so cheerful to see people already road raging at one another.

Fighting over parking spots at the grocery store.

Trampling each other to save on that big screen LCD they've been dreaming about.

Pissed off because they have to "think about other people"

Kids screaming and being threatened by their parents that "Santa won't come this year if they don't behave" to bring them that big plastic peace of crap toy that will be used less than 1 week.

***Special Tip

If you check the store policy sometimes you can just buy the stuff you want now, and then go back after the black friday madness for the "price match guarantee" careful with this though, sometimes the guarantee excludes black friday weekend. 

Jackie W
                            Participant

The only way i would be in a store on Black Friday is if I died and someone put my body there.

Jackie W

Jackie W
                              Participant

The only way i would be in a store on Black Friday is if I died and someone put my body there.

Jackie W

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics