The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

best dessert you ever made? or ate?

Forums General Melanoma Community best dessert you ever made? or ate?

Participant

me,  blondies with toffee chips

me,  blondies with toffee chips

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

Queen of Sheba Torte

dian in spokane
          Participant

Queen of Sheba Torte

TinaR
            Participant

That's a difficult one… and I have so many favorites…

Pavlova — merringue with cream and fresh berries

My Mother-in-law's  Strawberry Shortcake ( fresh sponge cake with a frosting made with just  egg whites and simple sugar syrup…frost sponge cake with it…double layer with berries inside- perfect)

My Mother-in-law's Red Velvet Cake…same frosting as above but she added Marshmallow creme and finely ground walnuts to the outside.

Any kind of warm fruit cobbler with vanilla ice cream melted or whipped cream.

Chocolate Chip Pie – the Toll House recipe…warm with melty Vanilla ice cream.

NY Cheesecake…plain.

White cake …just a sliver with creamy, fluffy home-made sugary butter cream white frosting.

Creme Brulee with a vanilla creme

Fresh Milk Chocolate Pudding, warm with whipped cream

Rice Pudding, warm with whipped cream

Chocolate Covered Almonds.

Cream Puffs ( made with Stella Dora Anginetti/Cool Whip/Crushed Pineapple)

Charlotte Ruse ( push pop with vanilla cake/whipped cream– they don't make these anymore)

Paula Dean Easy Banana Pudding

Pumpkin Dump Cake with Pecans …warm with whipped cream.

Ambrosia…made with Sour Cream/Brown Sugar/Mandarin Oranges/Pineapple Chunks/Pecans/Coconut

Bananas with Sour Cream and Sugar

Coconut Cake…white cake with Sour Cream/Sugar/Coconut/whipped cream frosting.

Vanilla Pitzels with whipped cream

Yikes, I haven't had dessert in a long long long…but these really ARE my favorites- one would make me as happy as the next !!

Yawn
                Participant

• Sex in a pan cake
                  • Tres  Leches cake
                  • Gorill
                  • Kahlua cake
                  • Neiman Marcus cookie ice cream sandwich with Bailey's Irish cream ice cream
                  • truffles
                  • Chocolate mousse with framboise  whipped cream 
                  • pavolva 
                  • Triple mouse cake
                  • Strawberry jello pretzel cool whip/cream cheese 
                  • Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake 
                  • Key lime pie
                  • Toblerone Cheesecake 
                  • Bourbon walnut pie
                  Bonnie Lea
                  Participant

homemade apple pie with cheddar cheese on the top.  (warm)

homemade tiramisu (minus the booze)

Hagan Daz ' 'Caramel cone explosion'

lemon cake with lemon curd filling with WHIPPED cream frostng.

but I always end up with

fruit…

what are devil dogs? are they like twinkies, only not?

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

homemade apple pie with cheddar cheese on the top.  (warm)

homemade tiramisu (minus the booze)

Hagan Daz ' 'Caramel cone explosion'

lemon cake with lemon curd filling with WHIPPED cream frostng.

but I always end up with

fruit…

what are devil dogs? are they like twinkies, only not?

Yawn
                      Participant

• Sex in a pan cake
                        • Tres  Leches cake
                        • Gorill
                        • Kahlua cake
                        • Neiman Marcus cookie ice cream sandwich with Bailey's Irish cream ice cream
                        • truffles
                        • Chocolate mousse with framboise  whipped cream 
                        • pavolva 
                        • Triple mouse cake
                        • Strawberry jello pretzel cool whip/cream cheese 
                        • Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake 
                        • Key lime pie
                        • Toblerone Cheesecake 
                        • Bourbon walnut pie
                      TinaR
                      Participant

That's a difficult one… and I have so many favorites…

Pavlova — merringue with cream and fresh berries

My Mother-in-law's  Strawberry Shortcake ( fresh sponge cake with a frosting made with just  egg whites and simple sugar syrup…frost sponge cake with it…double layer with berries inside- perfect)

My Mother-in-law's Red Velvet Cake…same frosting as above but she added Marshmallow creme and finely ground walnuts to the outside.

Any kind of warm fruit cobbler with vanilla ice cream melted or whipped cream.

Chocolate Chip Pie – the Toll House recipe…warm with melty Vanilla ice cream.

NY Cheesecake…plain.

White cake …just a sliver with creamy, fluffy home-made sugary butter cream white frosting.

Creme Brulee with a vanilla creme

Fresh Milk Chocolate Pudding, warm with whipped cream

Rice Pudding, warm with whipped cream

Chocolate Covered Almonds.

Cream Puffs ( made with Stella Dora Anginetti/Cool Whip/Crushed Pineapple)

Charlotte Ruse ( push pop with vanilla cake/whipped cream– they don't make these anymore)

Paula Dean Easy Banana Pudding

Pumpkin Dump Cake with Pecans …warm with whipped cream.

Ambrosia…made with Sour Cream/Brown Sugar/Mandarin Oranges/Pineapple Chunks/Pecans/Coconut

Bananas with Sour Cream and Sugar

Coconut Cake…white cake with Sour Cream/Sugar/Coconut/whipped cream frosting.

Vanilla Pitzels with whipped cream

Yikes, I haven't had dessert in a long long long…but these really ARE my favorites- one would make me as happy as the next !!

Yawn
                        Participant

Strawberry pop tarts

rtsmichele
                            Participant

Death by Chocolate

Original Recipe Yield 12 servings

Ingredients

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
                              • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
                              • 1 2/3 cups milk
                              • 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
                              • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
                              • 6 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, frozen and crushed

Directions

1. In a 9×13 in pan, bake cake according to package directions. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, according to package directions, with milk.
                              2.  In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled cake. Pour half of the coffee over the cake, and spread half of the pudding over that. Top with half of the whipped topping, sprinkled with half the crumbled candy bars. Repeat layers in the same order. Refrigerate until serving.
                              Yawn
                              Participant

haven/t seen you around in a long time. what brings you back?

TinaR
                                Participant

rtsMichele is Yawn and she's hanging around to make certain no one outs her.

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

Mr. Yawn is not a Ms. Yawn.  How do I know?  well I don't but then who really does, nor does it really matter?  Mr. Yawn helped me try to fathom Ichat.  (sorry it did not work)

Home made choc truffles yum!

Bonnie Lea
                                    Participant

Mr. Yawn is not a Ms. Yawn.  How do I know?  well I don't but then who really does, nor does it really matter?  Mr. Yawn helped me try to fathom Ichat.  (sorry it did not work)

Home made choc truffles yum!

TinaR
                                      Participant

rtsMichele is Yawn and she's hanging around to make certain no one outs her.

Yawn
                                        Participant

haven/t seen you around in a long time. what brings you back?

rtsmichele
                                          Participant

Death by Chocolate

Original Recipe Yield 12 servings

Ingredients

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
                                            • 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
                                            • 1 2/3 cups milk
                                            • 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
                                            • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
                                            • 6 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, frozen and crushed

Directions

1. In a 9×13 in pan, bake cake according to package directions. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, according to package directions, with milk.
                                            2.  In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled cake. Pour half of the coffee over the cake, and spread half of the pudding over that. Top with half of the whipped topping, sprinkled with half the crumbled candy bars. Repeat layers in the same order. Refrigerate until serving.
                                          Yawn
                                          Participant

Strawberry pop tarts

bluepeople
                                            Participant

I think the best dessert ever is chocolate fondue from La Fondue.mmmmmmm melted chocolate is so yummy.

bluepeople
                                              Participant

I think the best dessert ever is chocolate fondue from La Fondue.mmmmmmm melted chocolate is so yummy.

amybusby
                                                Participant

Cypress Inn Cheese Pie; Tuscaloose, AL  *I have the recipie and it is just as good at home & very simple to make.

I also make a fantastic Coconut Cake from a Paula Deen cookbook.  This is something I don't make anymore because it is NOT simple to make, at least based on my standards.  And since I'm the only one in the family that eats cc, I end up eating the whole damn thing.

runner up – Emeril's Banana Cream Pie dessert from his restaurant in Orlando

amybusby
                                                  Participant

Cypress Inn Cheese Pie; Tuscaloose, AL  *I have the recipie and it is just as good at home & very simple to make.

I also make a fantastic Coconut Cake from a Paula Deen cookbook.  This is something I don't make anymore because it is NOT simple to make, at least based on my standards.  And since I'm the only one in the family that eats cc, I end up eating the whole damn thing.

runner up – Emeril's Banana Cream Pie dessert from his restaurant in Orlando

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics