The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Began second 12 weeks of trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Began second 12 weeks of trial

Participant

Had my MDX 1106 and then the 6 injections of the peptides yesterday. I have thyroiditis caused by the MDX 1106 and was put on Synthroid…told it's not a problem and that its just an auto immune response. Was told my reaction is what is seen in IL-2 trials and is seen as having a positive reaction…ugh…side effects good news…bah humbug LOL. Hoping  to have some energy one of these days and hope to go back to work…SSDI doesn't pay the bills and the trauma of all of this…I would just like to move on and "pretend" I am normal again- at least for awhile!!

Had my MDX 1106 and then the 6 injections of the peptides yesterday. I have thyroiditis caused by the MDX 1106 and was put on Synthroid…told it's not a problem and that its just an auto immune response. Was told my reaction is what is seen in IL-2 trials and is seen as having a positive reaction…ugh…side effects good news…bah humbug LOL. Hoping  to have some energy one of these days and hope to go back to work…SSDI doesn't pay the bills and the trauma of all of this…I would just like to move on and "pretend" I am normal again- at least for awhile!! When the total income of the household is 1350 a month and medicaid wants you to pay over 1000 a month first- you know our society is broken….

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Lynn,

Hope you feel better mentally and physically real soon.  I was at Moffitt all afternoon yesterday.  I used to post on off topic when I would be at Moffitt and I was able to meet up with several people that way.  Maybe I'll start doing that again.  

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

LynnLuc
            Participant

How are you doing?? I will send my schedule…perhaps we can hook up one of these days!!

LynnLuc
              Participant

How are you doing?? I will send my schedule…perhaps we can hook up one of these days!!

King
              Participant

Lynn,

Hope you feel better mentally and physically real soon.  I was at Moffitt all afternoon yesterday.  I used to post on off topic when I would be at Moffitt and I was able to meet up with several people that way.  Maybe I'll start doing that again.  

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

JakeinNY
                Participant

Hey Lynn,

Stay positive.

Do the best you can financially and don't worry as the worry does nothing but bad.

Get better first.

I hope that you can enjoy the holiday season.

JakeinNY
                  Participant

Hey Lynn,

Stay positive.

Do the best you can financially and don't worry as the worry does nothing but bad.

Get better first.

I hope that you can enjoy the holiday season.

Tracey FL
                    Participant

Hi,   Have you tried to contact the American cancer society for any help? 

Tracey

Tracey FL
                      Participant

Hi,   Have you tried to contact the American cancer society for any help? 

Tracey

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics