The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Been in the hospital for 6 days

Forums General Melanoma Community Been in the hospital for 6 days

Participant

After my 3rd infusion I developed diarrhea. chills and a high fever, went to the ER last Thursday and was admitted. Pumped with antibiatics and fluids to get this fever under control it was 103.6 so that is high for an adult. They were in contact with my oncologist while I was there since he was 50 miles from the hospital that I was in. I also developed a prblems with my eyes and am being treated for that with predisone drops along with 2 others.

After my 3rd infusion I developed diarrhea. chills and a high fever, went to the ER last Thursday and was admitted. Pumped with antibiatics and fluids to get this fever under control it was 103.6 so that is high for an adult. They were in contact with my oncologist while I was there since he was 50 miles from the hospital that I was in. I also developed a prblems with my eyes and am being treated for that with predisone drops along with 2 others. I am now on predison orally also, I really didn't want that but he insisted and I am felling better, already am being tapered down from 40mg 3 times daily to 20 mg 3 times daily and then on Friday will br 10 mg 3 times daily. I was suppose to travel today to see him but we had a bad winter storm so rescheduled for Monday. My last infusion is suppose to be March 12th so on Monday will find out if that is possible. Just letting you know where I have been. Yoopergirl.

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Just get better soon. 

aldakota22
          Participant

Just get better soon. 

aldakota22
            Participant

Just get better soon. 

jag
              Participant

Wow, that is pretty tough.  The good thing that I have heard about Ipi is that the more side effects the more likely melanoma is to respond.  Hopefully this will just be a bump in the road.

Praying for you.

J.

hope4cure1
                  Participant

Gosh, you are going through it.  Hang on to you great attitude.  I hope you feel more comfortable soon!

Hope

hope4cure1
                    Participant

Gosh, you are going through it.  Hang on to you great attitude.  I hope you feel more comfortable soon!

Hope

hope4cure1
                      Participant

Hope

jag
                      Participant

Wow, that is pretty tough.  The good thing that I have heard about Ipi is that the more side effects the more likely melanoma is to respond.  Hopefully this will just be a bump in the road.

Praying for you.

J.

jag
                        Participant

Praying for you.

J.

runnergirl
                          Participant

You've had some really tough times!  Up from here!  Hospitals are not fun nor really healthy places to be.  Hope you feel better soon.

runnergirl
                            Participant

You've had some really tough times!  Up from here!  Hospitals are not fun nor really healthy places to be.  Hope you feel better soon.

runnergirl
                              Participant

davidfromsingapore
                                Participant
                                  Stay strong and keep those spirits up! Davidfromsingapore
                                  davidfromsingapore
                                  Participant
                                    davidfromsingapore
                                    Participant
                                        NYKaren
                                        Participant
                                          Thanks for the update. I figured you were in the hospital and have been worried. Feel better soon & don’t rush it–you have up to 16 weeks to complete the course, and you need to get healthy. The 3rd infusion is given at week 7,, so you have a while Please think about seeing a doc who is experienced w/ipi at a melanoma center of excellence.
                                          all the best,
                                          Karen
                                          NYKaren
                                          Participant
                                            Thanks for the update. I figured you were in the hospital and have been worried. Feel better soon & don’t rush it–you have up to 16 weeks to complete the course, and you need to get healthy. The 3rd infusion is given at week 7,, so you have a while Please think about seeing a doc who is experienced w/ipi at a melanoma center of excellence.
                                            all the best,
                                            Karen
                                            NYKaren
                                            Participant
                                              all the best,
                                              Karen
                                            Maxximom
                                            Participant

glad to hear from you..I was worried when we didn't and figured that you must be in the hospital. I am so sorry that you had such a difficult time..but glad to hear that you are improving. I hope that you are well enough to get your last infusion on the 12th. I have Infusion #2 on Thursday. Keep us posted on your Doctor's decision. Did he ever consult with the doctors in NY? Keep getting better.

Joan

yoopergirl
                                                Participant

I am getting better except my sight. He will not call another doctor he is following the literture from Yervoy. I have made a decision that if and when I have my last treatment I am going to follow up with the Melanoma center in Madison Wi, whichi is where I should have gone in the first place but I did have 3 opinions before I chose this doctor because of his research experiance and he is on the national board of cancer. He is associated with MD Anderson also so thought this would be the way to go. I am going to try and go to Church today so how that goes haven't been out since coming home on Tuesday.   yoopergil

yoopergirl
                                                  Participant

I am getting better except my sight. He will not call another doctor he is following the literture from Yervoy. I have made a decision that if and when I have my last treatment I am going to follow up with the Melanoma center in Madison Wi, whichi is where I should have gone in the first place but I did have 3 opinions before I chose this doctor because of his research experiance and he is on the national board of cancer. He is associated with MD Anderson also so thought this would be the way to go. I am going to try and go to Church today so how that goes haven't been out since coming home on Tuesday.   yoopergil

yoopergirl
                                                    Participant

Maxximom
                                                    Participant

glad to hear from you..I was worried when we didn't and figured that you must be in the hospital. I am so sorry that you had such a difficult time..but glad to hear that you are improving. I hope that you are well enough to get your last infusion on the 12th. I have Infusion #2 on Thursday. Keep us posted on your Doctor's decision. Did he ever consult with the doctors in NY? Keep getting better.

Joan

Maxximom
                                                      Participant

Joan

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics