The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Because I love new people who don’t care about calories…

Forums General Melanoma Community Because I love new people who don’t care about calories…

Participant

Not low cal…but really tasty Thanksgiving type recipes!

EASY Pumpkin Dump Cake ( delish !)

1 15oz can pure pumpkin, 1 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 box 18.25 oz yellow cake mix, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup butter, melted.

Not low cal…but really tasty Thanksgiving type recipes!

EASY Pumpkin Dump Cake ( delish !)

1 15oz can pure pumpkin, 1 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 box 18.25 oz yellow cake mix, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup butter, melted.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13×9 baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mix, sprinkle evenly with pecans ( I use more than 1 cup). Drizzle butter evenly over pecans (  you can use less butter- but why would you if you don't care about calories and you love the taste – it's ONLY one dessert you can work around it).

Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving with Whipped cream or ice cream. SOOOO good.

Cranberry Fluff ( my kids LOVE this and beg me to make it…and it can be done in a few different ways— I use the lazy way mostly, except for Thanksgiving when I do the extra steps). I usually triple the recipe and they eat it with all the leftovers and even for dessert.

1 lb. fresh cranberries, 1.5 cup sugar, 3 cup mini marshmallows, 1 8ox. pack of cream cheese-softened, 1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1 cup Cool Whip.

Wash berries and place in blender to chop. Remove and place in tupperware covered with sugar and mini marshmallows. Refrigerate overnight ( you can't skip this step).  Next morning, combine with other ingredients and chill.

THE EASY LAZY METHOD…  use Whole Berry Cranberry sauce from Ocean Spray. Combine with mini marshmallows…either overnight or not ( I do the overnight- but you don't have to). Combine with rest of ingredients and chill.

FREEZER type of cranberry salad: for a more  frozen salad sort of presentation…either in pan or individual cups.

FROSTY Cranberry Salad Cups.

1 can 16oz jellied cranberry sauce, 1 can 8 ox crushed pineapple -drained, 1 cup 8oz sour cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 3/4 cup mini marshmallows, Red food coloring- optional.

Combine all ingredients. Fill paper or foil lined cupcake or muffin paper 2/3 filled. Cover and freeze until firm- or about 3  hrs. 16 servings.

YUMMY Berry Freeze:

1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 cups mini-marshmallows, 1 can 16 oz whole berry cranberry sauce, 1 can 20 oz crushed pineapple – drained, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 3 drops red food coloring, 1 container 8 oz Cool Whip.

In large bowl whisk milk and lemon  juice. Stir in marshmallows, cranberry sauce, pineapple, pecan and food coloring. Fold in Cool Whip until no streaks remain. Spoon into 13.9 baking dish. Freeze until firm about 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

Oh my what about us old people who don't care about calories.  This sounds delish.  But No nuts in this place due to sonny boy's allergy.  So is there something else one can use?  or just hmmmm chocolate drizzled?  hmm pumpkin and choc sounds good to me.

I think I shall do that one.  I have the ingredients.  yep.

Bonnie Lea
          Participant

Oh my what about us old people who don't care about calories.  This sounds delish.  But No nuts in this place due to sonny boy's allergy.  So is there something else one can use?  or just hmmmm chocolate drizzled?  hmm pumpkin and choc sounds good to me.

I think I shall do that one.  I have the ingredients.  yep.

dian in spokane
            Participant

oh rox!

I have a couple of big things coming up that I might be able to use that dump cake recipe for! I'm so glad I opened this. Usually I'm kind of…suspious of your recipe posts. Because of that..leftover turkey mishmosh.

I am gonna try this as a breakfast cake maybe…

dian in spokane
              Participant

oh rox!

I have a couple of big things coming up that I might be able to use that dump cake recipe for! I'm so glad I opened this. Usually I'm kind of…suspious of your recipe posts. Because of that..leftover turkey mishmosh.

I am gonna try this as a breakfast cake maybe…

Janner
                Participant

Just tried this one the other day – another decent choice.  Something different I might take to a party.  I tried it with ginger snaps as well as apples.  Both were good, but the ginger snaps were probably best.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
                  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
                  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
                  • 1/2 cup sour cream
                  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
                  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
                  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
                  • Gingersnap cookies

Directions

• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ginger until blended. Serve with gingersnaps. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.

Serves 32

Prep Time:  10 minutes

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.

TinaR
                    Participant

Yes, that recipe is sooo good ! It's the full version of the swap above – which is just taking all the REALLY tasty stuff out.  Just pumpkin and Cool Whip or pumpkin with fat free cream cheese and spice —you can eat a lot more. The absolutely delish version you posted is  2 Tbls serving…that's one dip for me 😉  I could eat it with a spoon, forget adding the extra calories of the gingersnaps!

TinaR
                      Participant

Yes, that recipe is sooo good ! It's the full version of the swap above – which is just taking all the REALLY tasty stuff out.  Just pumpkin and Cool Whip or pumpkin with fat free cream cheese and spice —you can eat a lot more. The absolutely delish version you posted is  2 Tbls serving…that's one dip for me 😉  I could eat it with a spoon, forget adding the extra calories of the gingersnaps!

Janner
                      Participant

Just tried this one the other day – another decent choice.  Something different I might take to a party.  I tried it with ginger snaps as well as apples.  Both were good, but the ginger snaps were probably best.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
                        • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
                        • 1 cup canned pumpkin
                        • 1/2 cup sour cream
                        • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
                        • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
                        • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
                        • Gingersnap cookies

Directions

• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ginger until blended. Serve with gingersnaps. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.

Serves 32

Prep Time:  10 minutes

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics